Management Information Reporting - Assistant Vice President
The role sits with the Internal Audit department and this highly visible, hands-on role will be responsible for the oversight, production, quality assurance and delivery of IA-wide governance reporting and analysis to key product, region and function heads across Internal Audit. These governance reports usually take the form of either a Business Risk and Control Committee (BRCC) or Audit Committee (AC) report. Along with the production of BRCC and AC reports, the PRF team also provides key input to country briefing reports for the Citi CEO, and participates in regional regulatory engagements, as needed.
As well as the provision of governance reports, the IA PRF (Product/ Region/ Function) reporting team acts as a key point of contact for regional, function and product heads throughout IA. This requires the team to build a relationship with their IA stakeholders, and assist with queries and any ad-hoc reporting requirements. Each PRF team member is expected to be a strong advocate for data quality, and participate in global reporting initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement through the consideration/adoption of innovative solutions to drive process efficiency.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated, individual contributor who also works well in a global team and a diverse environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform data quality check and coordinate on resolution of exceptions, perform data analytics and support MIS functionality/ processes.
- Proactively manage or support region-wide IA initiatives, as applicable.
- Act as first point of contact for Chief Auditors, Heads of Audit, Chief Audit Executives and the wider IA function for queries related to Governance Reporting and Operational MI, as well as in support of external/regulatory exams.
- Continuous improvement of report content/format and processes (including the collection, review, aggregation and dissemination of data), to generate efficiencies and address relevant requirements.
- Provision of ad-hoc data analytics/reports for both internal (e.g., Citi/Product/Function Chief Auditors, Chief Operating Officer) and external stakeholders (e.g., examiners, regulators). Examples include Committee meetings; IA presentations; regulatory exams; external function reviews, etc.
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders and management to enable smooth co-ordination of MI activities, as well as building strong knowledge to drive insightful reporting of the control environment.
- At least 5 years prior experience in the financial services industry. Internal Audit experience is a plus, as is prior exposure to regulatory deliverables.
- Required to have experience with real time transactional systems and data cleansing/ validation within imperfect and disparate data environments.
- Strong understanding of - and experience providing - timely, high-quality, insightful data analytics and reporting under tight deadlines and among multiple competing deliverables, with flexibility to prioritize workload accordingly.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proven ability to operate in a manually intensive data environment, extracting large volumes of data from disparate sources, cleansing and validating it, and transforming it into high quality, insightful and succinct 'Board-level' and senior management reporting that includes focused analysis, trending, and strong summarization of results.
- Intellectually curious, consistently evaluating "what is the data telling me?" and "why does it matter?"
- High level of proficiency with the MS Office Suite is essential, including Excel functions. VBA knowledge is preferred.
- Advance level of proficiency in SQL to facilitate data extraction and analysis efforts.
- SharePoint knowledge (development/creation of lists, document libraries, etc.), and basic-to-Intermediate level of proficiency in Python preferred.
- Experience in mainstream BI tools (e.g., Microstrategy, Qlikview, Power BI etc.)
- Strong coordination and project management skills, to support relevant end-to-end reporting processes and production of Board-level and senior management reporting.
- Strong executive presence to navigate difficult situations through relationship building and by influencing others; confident and comfortable working with and managing expectations of stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to collaborate across different functions and time zones on any of the MI team's outputs
- Strong English communication skills (written and oral) with an ability to take concepts and express them concisely and effectively.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience (Computer Science, Information Systems or Data Science preferred).
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting