Manager/ AVP, Financial Risk Management
You will be part of Group Risk Management division, as part of the Group Financial Risk Management team. You will play a key role in monitoring and managing the financial risks of the assets and products within the company, in particular the market and credit risk aspects arising from the balance sheets of all entities within the Great Eastern group. The Job
- Build new capabilities to improve the measurement and management of market and credit risk including developing the risk capital budget framework, implementation of stochastic ALM engine and improving internal market and credit models;
- Collaborate with Finance and Investment teams to monitor, analyse and report risk and performance measures using our newly implemented risk analytics system;
- implement changes to market risk policies and risk limits for the active management of assets and derivatives usage in collaboration with the investment and finance teams to ensure optimal investment and hedging strategies are deployed;
- Identifying emerging risk and control issues, performing second line risk reviews and developing recommendations to help improve the quality of market and credit risk management in the group;
- Work closely with stakeholders and users from various business groups, external vendors and IT to continually implement automation and improvements into our current work flows;
- Contribute to new product and fund risk assessment process to ensure sufficient risk reward payoff considerations are made in new product development and in-force product management; and
- Preparation of project-related papers and presentations to Asset Liability Committee and Risk Management Committee where required.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
About Great Eastern
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Quantitative Analysis or Actuarial-related fields;
- At least 5 years of working experience in an Investment or Financea/Market/Credit Risk-related roles;
- Meticulous, responsible and analytical;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of derivative products and financial risk models will be advantageous;
- Prior experience using Risk Analytics Systems and knowledge of programming languages such as VBA, SQL and Python preferred; and
- Qualification or working towards attaining CFA, FRM or Actuarial qualification preferred.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.