Manager, CCIB Stress Testing, FP&A
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Analytics and Advisory
Stress Testing Modelling
- Prepare analysis and presentation decks for senior management and business stakeholders, on Stress Test results across all products.
- Analysis and benchmarking of stress and base case scenarios for each of the products in the bank.
- Analyse the Group's stress test financials for Balance Sheet and P&L, to ensure consistency in projection across all products.
- Consolidate and report results to businesses. Identify conclusions and proposals for proactive action and decision making.
Interface Planning and Support
- Support of the Group's modelling methodology, assumptions, compliance requirements.
- Automation, maintenance, enhancement, and execution of the stress test models for the balance sheet and P&L, considering various dimensions including segments, geographies and products.
- Work alongside business stakeholders to develop, understand, and translate business impacts into financial projections
- Understand and translate business and market drivers into financial projections, especially for wholesale banking products.
- Identify model risks and quantify impact
- Automation and maintenance of the BOE templates that are used for regulatory submission.
- Ensure data quality, reconciliation, validation, consistency with various sources.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage timelines around the stress test exercises
- Support documentation of stress test models methodology and basis of preparation
- Support process, controls, and documentation requirements
- Assist to engage, influence and maintain successful working relationships with:
- Risk teams for all scenario and risk workstream analysis and results
- Technology, to implement model updates into the Central Stress Testing platform
- Review and Challenge, to explain our models methodology and assumptions
- Business and other stakeholders, for source/upstream data requirements
- Degree in a numerate discipline (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics or financial engineering)
- Forecasting and modelling skills
- Banking product knowledge
- Highly responsive with excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to explain complex matters in simple and intuitive terms, to non-technical audiences
- Full or partial qualifications like CFA or FRM will be considered favourably
- Strong SAS/Essbase knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong Excel knowledge and abilities
- Good knowledge of accounting
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Proactive and independent self-starter
- Clear and positive verbal communication skills to engage with the broader team and stakeholders
- 6 + years of experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.