About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The APAC Singapore Customer Due Diligence Team provides support for Corporate Compliance Know-Your-Customer (KYC) programs and its changes at the first line of defence (1LOD) covering all APAC based clients, including researching risks, identifying issues, reporting, training, and other duties, as assigned. Detects and advises senior management of potential compliance issues in the area of KYC process and recommends procedural changes. Responsible for the assignment of work to the local team. Ensures timely & accurate service delivery of the periodic reviews, onboarding, and on-going monitoring. This role includes direct liaison with both the client relationship and account management partners, and clients, and therefore is an integral part of maintaining our deliverables. The team is required to be in partnership with relevant Head of Client Servicing in various location, in supporting the audit testing (internal, external, compliance testing, controls).
The Team Manager is able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to the direct reports, manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of the team. S/he would assume the management responsibilities and decisions making process may include hiring, performance reviews, pay structure and people development. The goals are achieved mostly through work of the team members. As a working supervisor of a technical support team; the manager is expected to analyse information to solve on-going problems and implement/enhance procedures to complete work.
As a manager, is expected to be proficient and tasked to do all in-scope activities under the analyst role. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Establishes, monitors and reviews procedures and practices of partners to assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and adherence to internal policies
- Advises business partners on Compliance programs and applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards, including keeping them informed of developments or changes that may affect their area
- In partnership with the relevant Head of Client Servicing to supporting the internal and external inquiries and clarifying the AML-KYC regulatory requirements
- Recommends appropriate procedural changes
- Assists in the development of KYC compliance programs and may act as a contact point KYC compliance inquiries from partners
- Identifies and documents any compliance risks associated with KYC activities
- Researches and develops analytical reports and solutions for issues being addressed by the team
- Participates in training partners and delivering communications on applicable laws and regulations
- Coordinates and/or performs activities related to designated compliance initiatives
- Review Compliance policies and procedures in order to ensure their adequacy and to monitor compliance
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Resolves problems, identifies the most appropriate solution and may establish new techniques to ensure the team is able to meet its objectives
- Responsible for the quality of the tasks performed or services provided by the team
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to be able to communicate with all partners
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Microsoft 365, sharepoint) is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, usually acquired through formal education or experience, is preferred
- Analytical and communication skills required to analyze and summarize information
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff and to coordinate compliance activities
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
- Requires tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information with own team and other teams in a concise and logical way
- Provides day-to-day supervision to a team including coaching on performance, coordinating activities, checking on quality and work progress
- At least 4 - 5 year(s) of working experience in AML/KYC or related field is required for this position
- Knowledge of AML, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulatory requirements as they apply to wealth management, corporate and institutional, and asset management clients to effectively perform periodic and event driven client file reviews
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required to analyze and summarize information
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- CAMS certification desired but not required
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Centre at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.