- Aug 16, 2022
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a regional Corporate Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for a Manager hire to oversee the Credit Administration function, supporting the various entities across Asia. Reporting to the Head of Department, you will be leading a team of 4, providing supervisory and checking responsibilities on your team members.
Role and responsibilities
- Leads / Supervises the Credit Admin department for few entities in Asia, ensuring that the related functions are conducted in accordance with the Bank's operational guidelines and other regulatory directives.
- Act as a back-up for BAU for the Credit Admin Functions, if required.
- Providing constructive guidance to subordinates when encountering problems or difficult situations & provide training to the Credit Admin staff on the job-related operational procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that the following Credit Admin functions for new borrowers / facilities or renewals/refinancing are handled effectively by the team:
- Preparation & distribution of Credit Advise & Fate of Finance to all the relevant stake holders, where applicable
- Preparation/ Approval of Limit Input Forms attaching relevant authorizations and other required correspondences for limit set up in the source system as per the terms of credit approval.
- Ensure receipt of all loan/facility agreements in accordance with the conditions of the credit application and are duly executed by the Client and the Bank
- Reviewing collateral documentation to ensure that Condition Precedents have been met and documents are in order prior to disbursement of funds.
- Preparation / co-ordination in preparing Form 28 and submission to EO for their files
- Liaising with Operations (as custodian) to ensure proper lodging in of security documents listed in accordance with the Form 28.
- Oversee and ensure that the following Credit Admin functions for all ongoing accounts / facilities are carried on effectively:
- Ensuring that all drawdown requests meet the requirements as per loan agreements / the Bank's polices & procedures
- Liaising with Agent / Relationship Managers on all drawdown matters to ensure timely disbursements of funds
- Approval of the drawdowns/rollovers/rate-setting as the operating procedures
- Follow up for the non-receipt of funds and reimbursement of late payment compensation
- Monitoring all loan maturities, loan limits and ensuring no overruns. In the event of overrun, the matter is duly escalated to Origination & execution teams along with the senior management.
- Monitoring limit expiry / annual review of all accounts / facilities
- Maintaining comprehensive and B/F diary
- Tracking and coordinating the timely receipt of various documents as per the Covenants for each facility
- Acts as an alternate custodian to ensure in/out of all collateral held by the Bank; Temporary retrieval of documents is required depending on various requirements, including Audit, reviews, etc.
- Oversee and ensure that the following functions carried on for Capital Market - BNS Asia client's relating to Securities Borrowing & Lending and Repo/Reverse Repo products:
- Coordinating for the local authority credit approvals for all new facilities / renewals and distributing the same to the relevant stake holders
- Support Prime Services, Global Fixed Income in liaising and coordinating between front office and back office for ISDA, ISMA, GMSLA Agreements
- Act as a custodian with respect to the certain documents like ISDA, ISMA, GMSLA, etc. for Global Equity Asia, GBM Prime Services and Global Fixed Income and Institutional Equity.
- Monitoring the Annual Review status of all counterparties for Repos / Securities Borrowing & Lending products
- Prepare internal control charts on the approved limits, reallocations in the limits, annual review status, etc.
- Proper filling of approvals, related correspondences, etc.
- Oversee and ensure compilation of periodic monthly, calendar & fiscal quarter, half yearly and full year reports, and ad-hoc reports for local management, regional senior management as well as local regulatory authorities.
- Tertiary education with at least 8 years of experience in Credit Admin.
- In-depth knowledge of loan documentation and administration, loan portfolio management, and syndication loan practices.
- Strong understanding of the Bank's credit reporting requirement
- Sound analytical and good communication (written & oral) skills.
- Good working usage of Microsoft Excel (Vlookup and formulas)
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932