Manager, External Communications, Group Strategic Communications and Brand
Posting Date: 18-Sep-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Strategic Communications and Customer Advocacy
function works closely with all functions across the Group to protect and to promote the reputation of UOB. Through our thought leadership, stakeholder and community engagement programmes, we ensure that UOB's presence, relevance, insights and understanding are seen and felt by our colleagues and customers, wherever they are. We also strive to turn our customers into advocates through our consistent and considered approach in delivering reliable and distinctive customer service. Job Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic and creative self-starter with a passion for storytelling. As a member of the External Communications team, you will be involved in developing and managing strategic communications campaigns from conceptualisation to execution. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work under tight deadlines. If keeping up with latest business trends, engaging the media differently, using data to tell a story and fleshing out thought leadership ideas get you going, then this is the role of you.
- Support the development of communications campaigns to support the Bank's initiatives in the areas of business and corporate social responsibility.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with the media.
- Conceptualise multi-media content such as videos or infographics to support communications initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify potential media stories.
- Ensure quality and consistency in materials produced and published.
- Manage reporting processes in a timely and accurate manner.
Be a part of UOB Family
- A recognised university degree with three to five years of relevant experience.
- A strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to bring ideas and narratives to life in a concise and engaging manner.
- A keen eye for detail and passion for accuracy.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.