Manager Finance, Regulatory Reporting
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
The Role Responsibilities
- Be the point of contact for all change initiatives impacting Singapore Finance.
- Work with Finance Transformation and functional teams to implement change that aligns systems used by Singapore Finance with strategic architecture or standard operating models.
- Drive and execute projects that enhance efficiency, control, data quality and regulatory compliance.
The scope of the role includes, but not limited to:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Finance Transformation Initiatives: Work closely with Finance Transformation teams to land the delivery of planned initiatives in Singapore
- Business or bank-wide initiatives: Support business/ bank growth by understanding impact of changes on Singapore Finance and coordinating and participating in testing where necessary
- Ensure end-to-end project delivery is managed and followed through across the change/ project lifecycle from i.e. initiation, providing and signing off business requirements, User Acceptance Test, Go-live and post go-live
- Supporting the wider team in reviewing and compliance with daily prudential regulatory ratios and review of various MAS returns / surveys / submissions (e.g. 610, 649, Quarterly I&E, AMR).
- Ensuring adherence to controls, reviewing for potential data quality issues impacting regulatory reporting and supporting improvement initiatives in collaboration with other business/functions teams.
- Preparation and completion of the local financial statements and ensuring that these have been prepared in accordance with the relevant reporting standards (FRS, IFRS) and the bank's accounting policies.
- Supporting the automation of the regulatory reporting covering articulation of the MAS requirement to BA/Technology teams, testing, cross validation, resolution of issues, solution design review for specific requirements.
- Liaising with external auditor to resolve audit and accounting-related queries and issues
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. accounting degree, ACCA, CPA).
- Should be a resilient individual, a self-starter with good communication and inter-personal skills
- Must have knowledge in Financial / Regulatory Reporting with over 6 + years.
- Having a background in Technical Accounting is preferred
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of accounting control and reconciliation concepts and have experience dealing with complex accounting or system errors
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and attention for details.
- Team player.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.