Manager, HR Specialist Delivery
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
To support HR Specialist Delivery (HRSD) in country as per defined operating model, including but not limited to payroll, benefit, insurance, offboarding, internal transfer, visa application, vendor management/governance and other HR operations related processes.
- Manage all HRSD activities including governance over internal and external vendors to ensure compliance to local law and regulations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve employees' experience at workplace, including lead, design, test and implement employee engagement campaigns, launch wellness programs and organise annual Loyalty Award
- Guide offshore HR shared service centre (GPS) to deliver and streamline processes end-to-end. Collaborate effectively with them to identify inefficiencies and process gaps for improvement.
- Analyse and monitor coverage and cost effectiveness of benefits program
- Work with HR Ops Finance to process payments to employees and other external service
- Manage and ensure block leave compliance
- Manage HR projects and support technological enhancements as per group standards and local requirements
- Build a positive people experience for all employees, by leveraging on HR systems such as ServiceNow and Successfactors.
- Support technological enhancements as per group standards and BAU requirements
- Work with PRB (Performance Rewards Benefits) teams to ensure the roll out of local benefits are in line with global design principles.
- Manage vendors including contract and plan negotiations, RFP and vendor selection, monitoring of KPIs & SLAs and other vendor governance processes such as periodic risk review.
- Identify and resolve issues with vendors, HR change management/project/IT, and Group HR teams as they arise
- Establish and review operations / control procedures and drive process efficiency.
- Conduct data validation, data analysis and reporting on claims
- Partner with internal and external vendors to ensure employees are well supported
Risk Management and Governance
- Ensure Operational Risk (OR) requirements are met
- Participate in governance forums/ periodic meetings and ensure all actions agreed are completed in a timely manner
- Deliver, escalate, and mitigate any outsourcing risk and exposure.
- Perform controlled sample testing.
Audit, and Regulatory Reporting
- Assist with internal/external audit requests and MAS requests for information including surveys and headcount reports in a timely manner
- Support all regulatory, compliance and audit related activities for HR
Training and Communication
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain employee handbooks, Knowledge Management articles and other documents on the Bridge/myHR portal to allow employees to access relevant HR policies and procedures
- Work with Corporate Affairs team to communicate benefits/wellness programs and HR policies to employees
- Prepare and present materials for employee communication sessions/townhalls
- Deliver trainings and share guidance notes to internal SG HR community including GPS and Resourcing teams to ensure they are kept up to date on HR policies and processes
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- A professional or relevant post-graduate management qualification
- At least 5 years of HR Operations/benefits experience including vendor management experience
- Ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion
- Versatile enough to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities in dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with ability to clearly articulate policies and processes to stakeholders, employees, and offshore shared service centre
- Excellent customer service and keen attention to detail
- Proficient with the local Employment Act, IRAS and CPFB requirements
- Technical knowledge of insurance and captive arrangements is an advantage but not essential
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.