FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
Working closely with the Group Internal Audit team, the manager will provide value-adding independent audit services to the Audit Committee, Group Office, senior management and the regulator on the company's capacity to manage risk and to provide reasonable assurance that the system of internal controls, as designed, is achieving its objectives.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
An experienced Internal Audit Manager who is able to liaise with AIA key stakeholders such as the Audit Committee, Group Office, senior management and the regulator on the company's capacity to lead audit projects seamlessly
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Plan, lead/support and execute audits within the organization in accordance with the annual audit plan approved by the Group and Local Audit Committee. Ensure that the working papers, draft audit reports and other deliverables meet internal standards and assignments are completed within budgeted time.
- Communicate the results of audits and other assignments via written reports and oral presentations, and provide professional advice and insights in order to enable informed management decisions.
- Build relationship with senior leaders and work with them to contribute and address issues on risk exposures and controls.
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory inspectors on audit related matters.
- Whenever required and at Group Internal Audit's request, to undertake audit assignments outside Singapore and also special investigation projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting or Commerce
- Qualified accountant: CA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum seven years of internal/external audit experience in the insurance, financial or a related industry with supervisory working experience
- Superior knowledge of audit methodologies and audit-related application
- Strong understanding / experience in the insurance industry
- Hands on experience in audit planning and control requirements
- Proven governance and control philosophy
- Hands on experience in data analytics tools, scripting as well as all data analysis and visualisation functions would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, local and Group, and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Strong leadership, project management and organisation skills.
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet milestones within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and multi-task.
- Works well in a team environment
For over a century, AIA has served the ever-changing needs of our customers across Asia-Pacific. Our Purpose to help millions of people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives is at the heart of everything we do.
As pioneering innovators, we're now transforming AIA to be faster, simpler and more connected to create better solutions and impactful experiences for our customers and communities. AIA encourages and enables our people to act with clarity, courage and humanity in service of our Purpose.
At AIA, we believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. Whether it's investing better wellbeing, inspiring better learning, building better relationships, or making a better impact on customers, a career at AIA will challenge you to find new ways to pursue your 'better'.
AIA is committed to building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce for all employees to thrive in. Join us if you believe in creating a better tomorrow!
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.