The role requires management of a team of 15-19 staff performing KYC. KYC team is responsible for reviewing client files in accordance with MAS regulatory requirements and Westpac global standard to facilitate the business’ KYC. The team is responsible for end-to-end client file review, including liaising with client or business, obtaining relevant documentation/ information, name screening for new and existing clients on a periodic basis. This role is part of the Asia AML Operations team working directly with the Customer, Business and Financial Crime Compliance.
Main Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Timely execution of Operational Management responsibilities with regards to ensuring that Onboarding and Periodic Reviews are completed on time and quality/ accuracy standards are upheld.
- Weigh in as an SME on all matters pertaining to KYC processes and requirements
- People Leader responsibilities covering performance management, leave management, hiring and training in line with HR policies and best practises.
- Quality and Accuracy: Work closely with Quality Assurance team to identify key error trends and implement training and awareness to uphold quality targets.
- Reporting: Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of KPI reporting and management dashboards.
- Controls Management: Maintain, monitor, assess and enhance key end to end controls that, if operating effectively, either reduce the likelihood or impact of a risk event.
- Incident Management: Oversee the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of operational risks, compliance risks and incidents arising within the business. Ensure that incidents are completely and accurately recorded, and appropriately assessed and resolved. Ensure that actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Change Management: Partner with key stakeholders to implement Business and Change initiatives impacting KYC Operations.
- Compliance: Work with Financial Crime Compliance to identify all the obligation sets relevant to KYC Operations and to identify processes that are undertaken to comply with each of these. Understand the compliance obligations that impact their business activities and remain current with changes.
- Operational Risk & Assurance: Partner the 1LOD to develop key indicators and tolerance limits, and to agree and deliver robust testing of key controls on and ongoing basis. Ensure that actions are developed and implemented to address KI breaches. Own the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of risks and incidents arising within the business. Maintain self-assurance processes to demonstrate continuous operating effectiveness in a structured, documented manner with supporting evidence. Develop action plans to address weaknesses and failures, prioritising areas of focus and securing funding pathways.
- Audits: Participate in internal and external audits on KYC Operations and develop and deliver the management action plans for key findings.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 6+ years of KYC/AML experience in the Banking industry
- Has experience managing large teams of 15 or more staff
- Preferred KYC/Periodic Review experience in Banks, NBFI, Funds, Corporates
- Strong working knowledge of corporate and institutional banking products (financial markets, debt and transactional)
- Experience of APAC markets (Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India);
- Degree qualified or equivalent Business experience
- Candidate with ACAMS Certification or International Compliance Association Diploma is an advantage.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Outstanding interpersonal and people management skills
- Compelling communicator both verbal and written
- Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer-term impact or wider implications
- Demonstrated experience in managing key stakeholder relationships at a senior level, both internal and external
- Advanced problem-framing, formulation and solving skills
- Achievement orientation – translate data and decisions into actions and outcomes
- Organizational skills that allow role holder to manage a diverse workload but prioritise critical deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
VALUES AND BEHAVIOUR
Our values are what we believe in at Westpac Group, they guide the way we behave and our aspirations. Together our five values can help us achieve our refreshed purpose:
- Helpful: Passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Ethical: Trusted to do the right thing
- Leading Change: Determined to make it better and be better
- Performing: Accountable to get it done
- Simple: Inspired to keep it simple and easy