About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities
- Controls: Provide supervisory oversight of the Macro Product Control team:
- Operate and maintain a strong control environment that prevents financial and or reputational loss to the Group i.e. Zero tolerance for Operational risk.
- Ensure that adequate controls in place for any non-standard portfolios excluding from finance reporting process.
- Drive the identification and implementation of key initiatives, such as
- system/ workflow enhancements
- the implementation of changes in accounting regulations
- the centralization of processes within Product Control
- represent Aspire project initiatives
- involvement in IBOR transition
- participate in GPTM project
- Develop a strong external network by:
- Proactively engaging all key stakeholders. Build and maintain on-going relationships with key senior stakeholders across various geographies including the Front Office, TRM teams, Regional Finance teams, Middle Office and Operations team, Audit and other control function.
- Representing the team and department at various working groups / committee's
- Reaching out to other business areas / regions to ensure best practice is implemented
- Develop a strong internal network by successfully building and leading the PC team which will include
- both on the job training and organized classroom sessions
- challenging the teams working practices and assumptions
- encouragement of the teams to challenge the status quo
- Drive optimization of cost/headcount for the team utilising process excellence, automation and standardisation.
- Continue to embed the Valued Behaviours into our Operating ethos
- Strive to achieve 100% compliance with the Bank's policies around Personal account dealing, outside business interest, close financial relations, block leave and mandatory training/
- Provide proactive support to their line manager by
Key Requirements Technical Competencies
- providing a well-controlled and transparent governance structure
- proactively aligning the team's goals with the demands of the department
- challenging requests received from all key stakeholders
- Given the breadth of areas the role covers, it requires a high proficiency in a wide variety of topics, including:
- Strong understanding of valuation concepts and methodology for a wide range of financial instruments including Commodities, FX, Securities and Derivatives.
- Extensive Product Control experience (or relevant function) (min 10 years) and expertise to continuously enhance the control environment.
- Proficiency in design and operation of a robust control environment under the Operational Risk Framework encompassing P&L Reporting, Balance Sheet Substantiation and other key Finance controls for Rogue Trading.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic infrastructure with an aim to continuously lower operational risk and improve productivity
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to build an effective internal network across the numerous stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate the matrix organisation and influence stakeholders at the highest level
Our Ideal Candidate
- Appropriate Degree Holder
- Trained accountant with a recognised qualification and consequent membership of a recognised professional body.
- Industry Experience in a specialist Product Control-Valuation Control role
- Experience in interacting with regulators
- Experience in driving change initiatives
- Experience in stakeholder management and team leadership
Role Specific Technical Competenices
- Qualified accountant or equivalent Finance degree with a experience including Product & Valuation Control preferably in Fixed Income Derivatives.
- Product Knowledge of Commodities, FX, Interest Rate Derivatives and Fixed Income product (Bonds, Repos, Credit Derivative)
- 8+ Years of Exp.
- IFRS accounting Standards
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global regulatory challenges
- Ability to demonstrate a strong control mindset
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally
- Proactive thinker with ability to use own initiative.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers