Manager, Product Finance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive the identification and implementation of key initiatives, such as
- system/ workflow enhancements
- the implementation of changes in accounting regulations
- the centralization of processes within Product Control
- challenging current working practices and assumptions
- Develop a strong internal network by:
- proactively engaging all key stakeholders
- representing the team and department at various working groups / committee's
- reaching out to other business areas / regions to ensure best practice is implemented
- Provide proactive support to their line manager by
- providing a well controlled and transparent governance structure
- proactively aligning the teams goals with the demands of the department
- challenging requests received from all key stakeholders
- Educated to degree level - preferably with a Finance / Business background
- Qualified accountant with at least 8 years post qualifying experience including Product Control
- Strong working knowledge of Credit Products, e.g. Loans, Credit Derivatives, Bonds, Repo, ABS etc. and/or Equities Products, e.g. Equity Derivatives
- Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global regulatory challenges currently facing the financial markets
- Ability to demonstrate a strong control mindset
- Proficient in MS Office Tools such as Excel and Access preferably
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally
- Proactive lateral thinker with ability to use own initiative.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .