- Supporting the retail bank managed investments product team in various activities, including product launch initiatives, data analysis, projects, presentations, reporting and handling of frontline queries.
- Establish a good working rapport with the team, and various key stakeholders including Sales, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Operations and Process/Governance teams.
- Business development: Develop and manage initiatives and activities to drive the business objectives.
- Digital: Develop and manage in digital initiatives focusing on business and systems such as online mutual fund platforms.
- Process and systems management: Establish and maintain sales and system processes; Manage system enhancements, e.g. case testing.
Drive business performance
- To help drive revenue and AUM growth to meet business targets, including new business and strategic initiatives.
- Provide regular and timely product/platform updates where required, including corporate action matters.
- Work closely with cross functional counterparts across products, from governance, process, L&C, operations and technology to ensure for a robust product platform.
- Drive innovation and delivery of new Products and campaign/promotion idea, through system support and testing activities.
- To work with operations to ensure the smooth flow of the trading processes with minimal errors.
- Support the collaboration with various internal Stakeholders (Group/country WMPS, Investment Advisory and Strategy, Asset Allocation teams and Investment Advisors, Wealth Proposition, Marketing) to provide for a high quality product platform.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist the team to ensure that product governance matters are kept up to date and in accordance to internal and external governance standards and regulatory requirements, including Country Addendum (CAs) for the product line.
- Assist in ensuring that adequate and appropriate processes are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those of Compliance, Technology and Operations, Finance.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Singapore MI team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- County and Group WM Teams
- WM P&P and Proposition Teams
- Wealth Operations & ITO
- Legal & Compliance
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values across Retail Banking
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- A tertiary graduate with 5+ years of experience in financial markets and/or products.
- Strong Financial & Data analysis skills.
- Experience in Retail or Consumer Banking segment with global markets knowledge will be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and engage senior management in the Bank and collaborate across teams to drive business objectives and implement the team's long-term strategy.
- Driven and results-oriented and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
About Standard Chartered
- Microsoft (Words, PowerPoint, excel)
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers