Manager, Research & Strategy (Shanghai or Singapore)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- LaSalle Investment Management (SG)
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Manager, Research & Strategy (Shanghai)
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. With presence in 16 countries worldwide, we manage approximately USD 60 billion (as of Q1 2018) of private and public property equity investments. Our diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe.
Unlike many investment management firms, we invest only in real estate and therefore have a unique focus and depth of expertise in the sector. Our primary objective is to deliver competitive performance while striving to achieve the highest levels of client service.
POSITION GOAL: Assist in developing real estate investment strategies for a range of different investment styles in a rapidly expanding business to generate outstanding financial performance.
Successful hire who is not based in Singapore is required to go through training in the Singapore office for up to 3 months..
REPORTING: Head of Research & Strategy, Asia Pacific
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Acquisitions Officers, Asset Managers, Fund Managers
- Assist the Regional Head of Research & Strategy in developing investment strategies, with a primary focus on China.
- Assist the preparation of presentations to investors and to support the marketing of LaSalle's private equity and securities products.
- Conduct sector/country research and strategy work, including
- Monitor and analyse business and macro-economic data;
- Maintain and enhance in-house research analytics;
- Assist with provision of focused market research reports to support decision making on acquisitions and dispositions;
- Identify and monitor short to long-term changes and secular trends in capital markets and real estate markets that are relevant to investment strategies.
- Assist regional strategy products such as target market analysis, house view, etc.
- Contribute to global research and strategy projects.
Experience, Qualification and competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the Asia Pacific region, with a primary requirement on market knowledge and experience in China
- Degree qualified, preferably in Real Estate, Economics or another financial-related degree, with strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- In-depth knowledge in economics, financial and real estate markets
- Good exposure in business / economic environment, government structure and regulations in Mainland China and/or other major Asia Pacific countries
- Track record of market research experience in more than one country with real estate investment management firms preferred
- Confident and assertive to interact and negotiate with business partners, local authorities and JV partners
- Detail-oriented with strong commercial and common sense and the ability to plan, organize and lead effectively and independently
- Familiarity with and/or interest in the application of big data techniques desirable
- Proactive and confident self-starter
- A team player with excellent integrity with strong communication and interpersonal skills