Manager, SOC Analyst, Group Information Security
Posting Date: 19-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Job Requirements Education
- The analyst will be responsible for performing daily operational real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources.
- Monitoring and Analysis of OS, Database or other platform logs.
- Triage security incidents (malware infections, unauthorized access, malicious emails, Phishing, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, etc.)
- Analysis of cyber threats by deep packet inspection.
- Detection of threat by analyzing large set logs from different security & Network devices, different Operating system, Databases, Web servers/Applications etc.
- Enhance and Build Cyber threat detection use cases and assist in analyzing & reducing false positive.
- Identify infection/compromise in the company utilizing threat intelligence and indicators of compromise (IOCs) from different threat Intel sources and regulators.
- Analyst will be responsible for identification, classification and prioritization of Incident.
- Assist in Incident Response for Detected/Reported Cyber security Incidents.
- Generate security reporting and metrics as required
- Perform daily health check on the system health status
- Stay current on the latest Cyber threats, Attacks and vulnerabilities
- ITC/Diploma/Degree in Computer Science / IT Security from a recognized education institution
- Professional security related qualification (e.g. SANS GCIA, GSEC, GCIH) will be favorable although not mandatory
- Min 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in similar capacity but candidates without relevant industry experience but have strong passion and proven track of learning/exploring cyber security can apply.
- Strong understanding of Networking, Operating System and Cyber Security concepts.
- Good understanding of Cyber security: Cyber kill chain, TTP, threat intelligence, malware triage.
- Good understanding of Different Attacks on System, Network, Applications.
- A good knowledge in Internet infrastructure, networking technology and network security (i.e. DNS, DHCP, Firewall, WAF, IDS, IPS, VPN, APT and TCP/IP protocols)
- Malware triage and analysis capability will be an advantage
- Working experience with major SIEM will be an advantage
- Experience in analyzing different logs to detect cyber threats (i.e. Security Devices, Operating Systems, Network Devices, Databases, and Application/Web Servers etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Process and procedure adherence
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
Be a part of UOB Family
- Work in a rotational 24/7 SOC environment
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.