Manager, Treasury Markets Business Finance.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To act as an effective Relationship Manager for Treasury Markets and ensure all elements of FTP are captured accurately and set financial controls in place to ensure completeness of Treasury markets P&L
- Responsible for understanding PSFTP system, covering all aspects relating to workflow and drive accuracy of outputs
- Ensure timely submission of Treasury markets P&L and analysis to Treasury Markets Desk
- Drive ICAAP, MAS Stress Test, forecast and budget from Treasury Markets perspective
- Liaise with external auditors and internal auditors to ensure smooth completion of audit
- Governance over reports produced by offshore team.
Liquidity Coverage Ratio and Net Stable Funding Ratio
- Work with all businesses to analyse, strategise and recommend liquidity optimisation for ALCO consideration
- Ensure ALCO actions points are follow-up timely
- Prepare monthly ALCO pack for discussion and ALCO secretariat arrangements
- Work with Treasury Market Business Finance - Preparation, control and maintenance of the commercial balance sheet transfer pricing P&L
- Supporting role on LCR & NSFR reporting - Governance, control and proper escalation of liquidity constraint on the bank
- FTP Governance: Oversee FTP processes to ensure compliance with FTP policies and procedures as per latest FTP Policy and Practice Guide
- FTP/COL implementation: To support CFO and Singapore ALCO, in collaboration with Treasury to develop solutions to implementing FTP and COL related policies and procedures in Country.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for reporting and compliance of daily LCR and monthly NSFR for Group and MAS requirements
- Advise Treasury Markets on the interpretation, eligibility and haircuts of HQLA
- Investigate for any large movements of LCR flow and escalate to ALCO members of any potential trigger of Management Actions Triggers
- Work with Treasury Markets to optimise HQLA utilisation
- Enhance processes and procedures to mitigate operational risk within the liquidity reporting process. Ensure strict adherence to the various risk management frameworks of the Bank.
- Work closely with Group Finance Solutions and Country Finance Change Management in the strategic enhancement and tactical implementation of liquidity reporting systems
- Participate in Working Groups/Peer reviews for LCR and key contributions to governance, data quality, risk mitigation, best practices and target operations models
- Preferably a qualified accountant or MBA and familiarisation with computerised accounting & processing systems
- Should possess basic knowledge of banking transactions and have general knowledge of banking regulations
- Should possess basic knowledge of Financial markets products offered
- Should be conversant with financial analysis tools
- Should be a resilient, self started with well developed communication and inter-personal skills
- Banking/finance services experiences with strong control background
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .