Manager / Associate Director, Communications
The Associate Director/Manager, Communications, works closely with all functions in the Marketing & Communications team, as well as across the firm to build and advance the KPMG brand and reputation by executing upon of KPMG's external-facing Corporate Communications.
You will be responsible for conveying the firm's messages to external audiences through partnerships with our various lines of business and their leaders. You must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong business acumen, ability to influence, demonstrated management and leadership capabilities and executive presence. You will report to the Director, Communications & Content, at KPMG in Singapore.
The role involves:
• Support the external communications strategy that is aligned to the firm's mission, vision and goals.
• Deliver and execute upon the media strategy and relations, corporate (service/solution, business, leadership) announcements and communications.
• Proactively seek and evaluate external visibility opportunities and prepare communications materials and media outreach plans.
• Establish and maintain relationships with mainstream and industry-specific journalists, analysts and influencers covering the professional services sector, as well as for key vertical businesses.
• Manage the day-to-day proactive and reactive communications strategies and tactics related to the firm's business, including responses to media inquiries, position statements, key messages, Q&As and press releases.
• Draft and edit press releases and by-line articles.
• Be responsible for monitoring of KPMG, competitor and related business media coverage for analysis and internal distribution.
• Partner with other functions of the marketing team to conceive, develop and implement campaigns.
• Support the development of profiles of key KPMG executives and spokespersons to gain competitive advantage, credibility, influence and visibility.
• Support in the management of PR/media agencies, writers, partners, consultants and vendors.
The ideal candidate should be:
• A driven and energetic individual with minimum Bachelor's Degree, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business or related field.
• A seasoned communicator, specifically with managing communications in large, matrixed multinational companies.
• Minimum 12 years' experience for Associate Director level, and minimum 8 years' experience for Manager level
• Able to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling and influential communications.
• Exceptional in writing and editing skills with a commitment to the highest quality standards.
• A strategic thinker who can make connections across the business and apply them to communications initiatives; anticipates issues and proactively works to resolve them.
• Able to creatively develop new and original communications programmes with minimal guidance.
• Someone with excellent follow-through, attentive to detail and possess a high sense of urgency.
• Results oriented; takes pride in delivering consistently high-quality work and effectively conveys its value.
• Experienced in measurement tools used to assess the impact of communications programmes.
• A team player with proven ability to build relationships across business units and functional areas.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team.