- Support the Section Head of ESG and Climate Risk section to:
- Drive the integration of ESG/climate risk considerations into the risk management framework, including Risk Appetite Statement, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework, scenario analysis and stress testing, as well as climate risk strategy.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and central liaison/coordination point for climate risk management, green and sustainable finance, ESG reporting and carbon neutrality strategy in Risk Management Division.
- Engage with internal stakeholders, including within Risk Management Division, business units, support functions, Overseas Branches and China operations to establish strategy, ownership, accountability, and delivery for ESG and climate risk management in compliance with HKMA SPM GS-1, and in alignment with the Bank’s strategy in green and sustainable banking.
- Collaborate with risk controllers to enhance the relevant assessment methodologies, systems/tools and data for ESG/climate risk management.
- Advise business units on the green and sustainable finance product development, customer ESG risk assessments, and development of relevant customer engagement and transition plans.
- Prepare and present ad-hoc MIS for ESG/climate risk appetite monitoring and progress of key ESG/Climate Risk Management initiatives.
- Liaise with the HKMA, external/internal auditors, consultants, and investors on ESG/climate risk related matters.
- Keep abreast of the latest market and industry developments, and contribute to other emerging ESG/climate risk management projects and initiatives.
- Raise the general ESG/climate risk awareness and groom ESG/climate risk talent within the bank group.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or above in Business Administration, Environmental Science or other academic field relevant to climate risk management. Other relevant professional qualification such as SCR or CESGA is a plus.
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in banking or other financial institutions.
- Experience in financial analysis, accounting, credit assessments, modelling, consulting and/or sustainability. Experience in green and sustainable finance or climate risk management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical and influencing skills.
- Capacity to process high volumes of complex and evolving information, and synthesize key themes and issues.