S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Managing Editor, Coking Coal & Coke Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 11 Location:
Singapore The Impact:
The successful candidate will be in a position to shape pricing and coverage of markets that on one hand underpin the steel industry and industrialization, and on the other, are adapting to a changing environmental, social and regulatory landscape in one of the world's most dynamic growth regions. Coking coal is a mineral with quality aspects that call for a mind keen to understand trade flows and tackle technical processes, and the candidate can also expect to grow as an expert in the field. The Career Opportunity:
The candidate will work in an organization with a people-oriented culture and that has a global reach in terms of its coverage and established price assessment methodology. The coking coal team, as part of the Metals Pricing team, will be exposed and contribute to the team's broader understanding of a range of markets like steel, its other raw materials and non-ferrous and battery metals. As a seasoned market reporter, you will also guide and inspire newer members of the team. The Team/The Business:
The Asia metals team consists of market experts in Singapore and Gurgaon producing price assessments, news, commentary and analysis. The managing editor will be part of the global metals pricing leadership team. Responsibilities:
The managing editor will lead daily reporting on the Asian coking coal and coke markets daily, driving excellence in pricing and developing benchmarks. The candidate will shape the direction of commentaries and news stories, working as part of a team.
The person will also be actively engaged with market participants across the region, maintaining source relationships and ensuring understanding of our methodology and its evolution as the market develops.
The candidate will lead the team's translation of information gathered from the market into written content, and be the voice of the company through external presentations and the media. Your Skills:
Exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a demanding environment, written and verbal communication, analysis, and presentation skills. High level of initiative and self-reliance.
- Manage a team of price reporters
- Produce and oversee assessments fully in line with Platts' rigorous and published methodologies
- Ensure adherence to editorial standards, smooth running of daily operations
- Drive market-related news and digital content
- Develop team and individual subject matter expertise
- Regularly engage market participants, presenting on market trends and explaining our methodology
- Gather commodity price information, produce price assessments and write commentary
- Report news stories and analysis on trends affecting market prices
- Develop and maintain sources and contacts
- Foster a team culture of high performance
S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Reporting/writing/analytical experience
- Commodity market knowledge
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel and large data sets, able to conceptualize proportional relationships
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines
- Displays problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
281263 Posted On: