CMC Markets is an established and solid global leader in Share Investing (CMC Invest) and CFD Trading (CMC Markets). Since our launch in London in 1989, we’ve expanded globally with offices across Europe and Asia Pacific. Over 1.2 million clients make 67 million trades with us every year, and we’re still growing. See company results & reports: www.cmcmarketsplc.com/investors/results-reports-presentations/
Ambitious? Us too. For 12 years running, we’ve won Canstar Online Share Trading Broker of the Year, and our technology is proprietary built from the ground up in our Barangaroo office in Sydney. We’re putting together a strong plan for change and rebuilding.
What’s on our horizon? Change and expansion at pace. We’re redeveloping our content team and we are looking for an ambitious, inquisitive, self-driven Market Analyst to help us achieve our vision.
There are two main functions of this role:
- Production of industry-leading content to increase the value of CMC’s offering to the end client across all customer communication touchpoints (e.g. traditional & owned media, including social media).
- Be comfortable and adept at expressing views on market trends and events to financial press and clients with differing experience levels.
In addition, you will support with in-house client education, video content and live stream programs working with the marketing and sales teams to help meet targets.
The role requires a high level of self-drive. The candidate will be expected to work alongside the regional team of market analysts but be proactive in delivering content to drive engagement and visibility to our clients in multiple markets.
We’re looking for a Market Analyst who can be the lead as a writer of content for Australia and Singapore, with flex across APAC.
Financial Market Analysis
- Specific knowledge of Australian and Singaporean markets with flex across US and EU markets also.
- Produce timely and forward-looking market analysis that seeks to identify key upcoming trends and market movers for distribution both to external media and through CMC Markets’ own channels to our clients.
- Ability to break down complex ideas to a broad range of experience in our client base.
- Quickly respond to market moving events and respond with the timely release of materials to multiple channels.
- Publish content on the CMC platform to drive client engagement.
- Build, grow and maintain CMC’s presence in social media environments to drive visibility and credibility for the brand.
Retail and Premium Client Book
- Support our premium client desk in delivering additional exclusive content for our ALPHA clients.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders (Sales Trading, Retail Sales, Marketing and Client Services) to help identify areas where they can provide coverage or add expertise.
- Cover major market events with pre and post-analysis, including interview features and media comments as appropriate
- To continually monitor market trends, compile and maintain market and competitive information.
- To drive, develop and deliver appropriately targeted materials for all levels of trading clients - including live streams, website content, recorded videos and social media
- Forward plan local content, live streams, workshops, webinars and videos including calendar management and new topical content
Media and Digital
- To develop relationships with key press contacts in local and international media and use these to get high-profile coverage for CMC Markets
- Be available as a point of contact to answer media queries and give interviews at short notice
- Help set the agenda for key market events where we should proactively seek external press coverage
Performance Management and Reporting
- Provide regular reports that show the measurable contribution to CMC Markets for your content output
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and CMC Markets as well as maintain constructive relationships - providing training and guidance to other teams with regards to market analysis
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance/Economics/Business related disciplines
- Adept at Technical Analysis for trading in products including equities, indices, forex and commodities.
- RG146 and/or CMFAS Modules 1B and 6A accredited.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to analyse market movements.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in derivative and financial markets roles within Australia and/or Singapore.
- Knowledge and understanding of US and Asian markets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and writing capability.
- Energetic and highly motivated with a strong desire and drive to succeed.
- Ability to manage own time well and prioritise commitments with a high level of self-management and drive.
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Charity give-back days.
- 1 extra annual day of leave for your birthday.
- Medical benefits
- Childcare leave
- Social Club, Women@CMC, LinkedIn Learning and more.