Our client is a leading energy business with a global presence focusing on the supply and trading of gas and power and integrated energy solutions across businesses. They are currently looking to on board an experienced and capable professional for their Power Operations team.
- Perform daily market operations involving prompt trading, generation of post day reporting, settlement/ verification of power and gas data.
- Employ analysis tools to identify opportunities, make proper and sound recommendation on trading decisions to optimise revenue.
- Constantly conduct market analysis and gather competitive intelligence on the underlying supply and demand forces and market conditions that impact the electricity market dynamics.
- Ensure all processes and transactions are consistent with the market rules, company's risk management guidelines and procedures.
- To be involved in the development/enhancement of new offer submission system, including liaising with vendor pertaining to the requirements of the desired system.
- Assist in constantly reviewing and enhancing work instructions or methodology/ business processes for the team to perform its function more effectively, productively, and reduce errors.
- Maintain close coordination with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues related to power market operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Business or Engineering degrees equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year operations experience of power plant
- Good understanding of Singapore electricity and natural gas market
- Meticulous worker with excellent analytical and numerical skills who can handle large amount of data sets
- Willing to take on standby duties and be contactable during emergencies to react to all urgent situations
- Highly-motivated Team player with a positive attitude, capable of working with minimal supervision and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments