Market Product Specialist, Structured Products
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Part of the CMPS (Capital Markets Products and Sales) Team, providing pricing and execution of cash equity. equity derivatives (structured products and OTC) and structured products from other asset classes such as interest rates, mutual funds, FX and commodities.
- Work closely with retail and private bank Front Office on pricing and execution of trades and trade ideas. To have consistent interaction with the front office.
- Providing cash equity execution support for Private Bank clients (Direct Access, DAC)
- Providing OTC interest rates execution.
- Ensuring accurate and proper execution of orders in fast-paced environment.
- Preparing and presenting weekly trade ideas to the front office
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external banks and counterparties on product development and idea generation.
- Support the end to end documentation and sales process cycle for product/idea generation.
- Providing support to front office to achieve the financial targets of the wealth management segment.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining good relationship and to work closely with internal and external stakeholders including the front, middle and back offices.
- Ad hoc projects in relation to specific aspects of execution and desk activities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Degree(s) in relevant subjects such as Business, Economics and Finance related preferred.
- 3-8 years of related experience in banking, wealth management / private banking preferred.
- Keen interest in financial and equity markets.
- Effective communication and sales skills.
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to details.
- Computer literature and competent in spreadsheet presentation.
- Strong work ethic with high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- RNF and CACS holder is required. CMFAS Qualifications is required. FMRP is a plus.
- Derivatives and Structured Product Experience (particularly pricing, execution, marketing and sales).
- Basic analytical and technical skills that can be practically applied to day-to-day operations.
- Knowledge in Excel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.