Marketing Associate, Investor Development, Singapore
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
This role of the Investor Development team within Fitch is to promote the agency's research and ratings among key investors with a view to driving demand for Fitch Ratings and, in conjunction with the separate sales team, demand for Fitch research and related products. You will be responsible for managing Fitch's relationships with a portfolio of leading investors active in global fixed income markets, across asset classes, Structured Finance, Corporates, Financial Institutions, Sovereigns.
The global team is tasked with raising the profile of Fitch research and ratings commentary to all market constituents and encouraging a greater investor engagement with Fitch ratings, research, products and services. This increase in profile and engagement will be quantified by a broad range of metrics. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
Qualifications and experience:
- Provide direct marketing support to the Investor Relationship Managers in Asia.
- Develop and maintain presentation overviews and pitch books. Writing marketing materials, pitch books and presentations with guidance of senior team.
- Distribute Fitch's research reports. Maintain awareness of publication of research reports across market sectors.
- Run regular portfolio holdings and interaction reports for key accounts and feedback to the team and senior management.
- Conduct data mapping, analysis, entries and updates for investor accounts in Fitch's database.
- Assist Relationship Managers in identifying new investors using a variety of sources and data, as well as building and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of new investors.
- Collate information to build profiles of new and existing investor accounts across market sectors and keep them up to date.
- Prepare detailed agendas and background material ahead of investor outreach meetings and tours. Responsible for list management for marketing campaigns, outreach tours and events.
- Assist in analysing and reporting readership of Fitch research.
- Maintain the contact database and preparing activity reports periodically and for ad-hoc project requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing or business development role; financial services advantageous but not obligatory
- Fluent written and verbal English skills are essential.
- Verbal and written skills in Japanese or Korean are preferable
- An interest in financial markets
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to a high standard
- Working experience in data manipulation and financial data tools (Bloomberg, Ipreo, Markit, etc.)
- Solid numeracy skills
- Highly self-motivated, ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance both individually and within a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure and demonstrate flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Thorough, with meticulous attention to detail