Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To provide Direct Access Fixed Income Advisory and Execution to Key Clients of Private Bank.
- To work towards meeting and exceeding the fixed income budget for the relevant year.
- To systematically provide fixed income ideation, market and product information to clients, RMs (across all the client segments like the Private Bank, Commercial Bank and the Retail Bank - also referred to collectively as the "Affluent Segment"), Investment Advisors and MCS's.
- Engage and interact closely with the customers, RMs, Investment Advisors and Portfolio Advisors to proactively identify Fixed income solutions that meet customer needs.
- End to End Ownership of the cash bond and structured credit lines of business.
- Analyse client portfolios to generate relative value switch Idea's.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of trade ideas to the Private Bank and the Retail Bank on multiple occasions every week.
- Coordinate marketing effort for the New Issue announcements and updates, secondary market and relative value Ideas across the Affluent Segment.
- Drive the Structured Credit Line of business End to End by working with the external counterparties, Internal Legal and Compliance in getting Documents approved, marketing / book-building and trade closure.
- Build and manage lasting and trusted relationships with all Clients, RM's, Investment Advisor's, other colleagues and Professional Trading counterparties.
- Represent the Fixed income business on various client, industry and other forums.
- Assist CMPS business partners in other geographical regions to provide seamless advice and execution for truly world class service across geographies.
- Work Seamlessly with other Parts of the Bank.
- Conducting new RM inductions and FI Roadshows / Calls.
- Efficient and timely execution of trades and RFQ's.
- Attend RM and client meetings and participate in RM / Client conference calls.
- Provide a high standards of client sales and service.
- Minimise operating losses and assist the business in following business practices to ensure a minimum satisfactory rating in business Audit's.
- Observe and adhere to the SCB's trading procedures, its governance and policy. Timely resolve any trade disputes and keep Management & the Head of Desk aware of any client disputes. Ensure regulatory & internal compliance.
- Ensure all client revenues are tracked and maintained in the trade blotters and other forms of MIS reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Singapore CMPS team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ Years of Fixed Income / credit product s - S ales / Trading / Dealing / Advisory experience in Private Banking / Wealth Management.
- Candidates with Bond Dealing / Trading / Advisory / Sales experience from other forms of buyside or the sell side can also be considered
- All associated Singapore licensing requirements to advise and execute Fixed Income for retail clients.
About Standard Chartered
- Fixed Income Product Sales Skills
- Wealth Management / Private Banking
- Credit Sales Skills
- Capital Market Product Skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers