Mission Control Analyst, Consumer & Community Banking
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Mission Control Analyst within a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure.
Mission Control Analyst handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
The Mission Control analysts will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model, some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners.
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong SME skills in performing deep dive analysis on Production Incidents. Able to detect, triage, mitigate and resolve any incident individually.
- Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution
- 8+ years' experience in mainframe (batch and online) and utilizing mainframe software such as IMS,CA-View, DB2, File-aid, NDM, MQ Series
- 8+ years of experience with middleware systems like IBM MQ, JMS, mainframe queues.
- 8+ years of experience supporting mission critical applications in financial services industry.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with leading and driving incident, event, problem management process for applications.
- 8+ years of technical experience in managing distributed applications developed and hosted on JAVA,UNIX,ORACLE/DB2/SQL SERVER environment.
- 5+ years of experience in at least one scripting language like UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar.
- 5+ years of experience working on applications deployed on web and application servers like apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
- 5+ years of experience with distributed database and messaging technologies like Cassandra and Kafka.
- 5+ years of experience with configuring and monitoring application critical components using PMT, log monitoring tools like Splunk, Geneos, Dynatrace etc.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Knowledge working in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team and the customers.
- Must possess excellent trouble-shooting skills, and the drive to help internal/external customers.
- Must require to support weekend shift with 12 hour shift pattern as determined by the hiring manager.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.