Multi asset quantitative trader
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
To perform trade executions across various asset classes with the objective to ensure the best execution and trade allocation in compliance with internal standards and minimize execution costs for portfolio trading
- To build up electronic trading expertise across a range of asset classes such as equities, forex, mutual funds, fixed income, derivatives To analyze market trading conditions, and efficiently execute trade orders using a combination of electronic platforms and data analytics.
- To ensure best executions for all trade orders, as well as fulfilling compliance requirements.
- Advise portfolio managers on timing of trade execution for portfolio trading based on assessment and outlook of short-term market trend
- Monitor news flows and market activities and provide feedback to portfolio managers.
- Keep abreast on latest trading practices and tools in the market and promote internally as appropriate.
- Handle administrative tasks in relation to trading, automate daily tasks
- To produce and keep regular trading records in compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
- Help maintain a good relationship with counterparties and conduct broker evaluation.
- Implement best execution standards in line with the company's policies
- Fulfil all the requirements of all applicable policies and procedures.
- Automate the production of trade related reports on a timely manner to related parties.
- Electronic distribution of relevant market information to portfolio managers with quality and consistency, and in a way which is scaleable.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills as the candidate is required to frequently work with the following parties:
- Portfolio Managers, AIM and Group Investment Operations and Middle Office, AIM Chief Executive Officer
- Sell side portfolio trading desks, Sell side data analytics teams
- University graduate in Finance, Engineering or Data Science & Analytics
- Up to 5 years' experience working in a trading and dealing environment
- Experience of prior working experience in Asian markets is preferred
- Experience of statistical techniques and data application to improve trading outcomes is essential
- Solid technical background and ability to use front office dealing systems.
- Keen interest in technology adoption in the trading arena.
- Astutely compliance and regulatory aware.
- Strong understanding of front office controls and what is required in a large institutional set-up.
- Outcome orientated and performance focused.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to establish constructive working relationships with investment team across AIA platforms.
- Strong team player, enthusiasm to learn and confidence to develop new ideas
- Good capabilities in multitasking, problem solving, and maintaining close attention to details under pressure
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.