Murex Senior Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Be part of an Agile team and contribute to the improvement of product
- Understand the user requirements and help write specifications by example for product owner
- Track and maintain metrics such as code coverage, system performance and system security
- Configure the Murex system to meet the business/functional requirements
- Contribute to design and implementation of application solutions
- Hands-on programming work for development projects
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management in messaging development
- Release to production and provide second line support to production system support team.
- Analyse issues and fix them during production and testing .
Preferred Qualifications, but not strictly required
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a top tier university
- Experience in developing robust, distributed, scalable, high production quality applications
- Deep technical and functional experience with the Murex trading system
- Experience in Test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, Kafka, Java 8, Elastic search, Mongo DB, Netflix OSS, Docker, monitoring tools such as ITRS, ELK etc.
- Strong hands-on ability on application development using Java
- Strong hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres
- Be familiar with Continuous Integration methodology
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge about financial markets and trade lifecycle is a big plus
- Financial Markets knowledge and work experience
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure)
- Interest in new IT technology for programming
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, Network, and file system protocols
- Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong communication and client facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.