There are two permanent reuqirements. 1. Network Engineer with Firewall implementation 2. Network Engineer with CCNA Location is CBP
- Duties include providing support to client perimeter security infrastructure which includes firewall, proxy and remote access systems; Investigation, documentation and resolution of outages to critical business systems that may be caused by firewall, proxy, or remote access systems; Escalation of issues to, and tracking of progress in conjunction with Client engineering teams, vendors, or other technical resource teams; Working incidents or projects beyond the scope of the level 2 team which may include scheduling multiple changes, software upgrades, or configuration activities to resolve.
- Desired platforms/skills include: Strong troubleshooting and communication skills, tcpdump/pcap/wireshark experience, Checkpoint Secure Platform Pro & Gaia, Juniper SRX, Bluecoat Proxy, PaloAlto Networks firewalls, Juniper SSL VPN appliances, Juniper Netscreen firewalls, Cisco ASA with AnyConnect client, Network routing with BGP, Linux/Unix experience preferred.
- Also desired/emphasized is a strong analytical and quantitative capability with attention to detail ability to work in a demanding and environment, exhibiting a high degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task, seeking guidance where necessary; strong verbal and written skills are also desired.
- Strong administration, maintenance and Operational experience on Network Perimeter devices like, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, CISCO and Juniper firewalls.
- Required to analyse customer requirements to ensure all standards, policies and guidelines are upheld from the information security perspective and support routine compliance activities.
- Need to support technology improvements, such as new infrastructure install and hardware/software upgrades, and engineering support.
Relevant Certifications preferred:
- Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Juniper firewalls.
Education Level Required:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Years of Related Experience:
• Expert in Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix), Juniper Routers, WAN Accelerators/Optimizers (Riverbed), DNS Appliances, QIP/DHCP services
• Wi-Fi/Wireless communications support and Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies
• Should be expert in enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, etc), enterprise standard Ethernet media types: Fastethernet, Gigabit and TenGigabit
• Should be expert in Cisco routers and switches, WANs, (T1, T3, MPLS),routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
• Should be expert in network protocol analysis using industry standard toolsets such as Ethereal Wireshark, etc. Familiarity with Netflow data exports and data collection/analysis
• Should be expert in IPSLA probes, application specific network performance analysis, packet analysis, Embedded Event Managemer and TCP/IP optimization mechanisms for maximizing application performance across enterprise networks
• Strong working knowledge of common security threats facing enterprise networks including DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) and various defensive mechanisms and threat mitigation strategies
• Thorough understanding of large scale environments
• Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
• Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to build consensus
• CCNA certified is must
• Strong interpersonal skills