Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for efficiently operating and maintaining IB’s production and development infrastructure in alignment with the enterprise strategies and standards. The candidate is responsible for supporting the deployment of network solutions with adherence to IB’s technical standards.
The successful candidate will have deep technical experience within WAN, LAN, Voice and Security technologies, including a demonstrated background in Routing Protocols, Contact Center & Network Security Platforms. The candidate must also have broad proficiency in Network Virtualization, Cloud computing, SDN/NFV and overlay technologies.
The candidate must be able to handle multiple priorities and translate conceptual designs into executable technology solutions. In this role, the candidate will be accountable for fulfilling day to day business requirements with an aim towards automated fault management and documenting network designs and ensuring communication and delivery of these services globally.
- Perform troubleshooting of system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of the global network. Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system related problems
- Manages and fine tunes network monitoring and capacity management applications to reduce noise and deliver meaningful insights
- Develops release management plan for platform connectivity solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost justification for implementation across IB’s environment
- Work in collaboration with the design team to facilitate configuration and management of IB’s production networks
- Assist with maintaining business critical services in Contact Center environments for better availability, reliability and cost efficiency. Consult with peer organizations on best practices and technical guidance on all manner of Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture projects
- Mentor junior staff in network helpdesk, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance
- Contribute towards streamlining functional processes and help minimize resource inefficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5-7 years of direct experience installing and /or managing a highly available global production network for a large enterprise with at least 2 years of current hands on experience with data center and branch routing, switching, voice and security
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on reliable connectivity in, contact center and unified communications for financial and regulated environments
- 2+ years of tooling and analytics experience supporting monitoring, root cause analysis and automation. Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ansible, Python or PERL
- Current knowledge and demonstrated understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ECMP, etc.), Route optimization, load balancing, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies
- Hands on knowledge of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication
- Expert knowledge and experience with Internet Protocol (IP) suite is essential, including protocols such as SIP, H.323, MGCP and their relationships and integrations in large-scale networks
- Must have general and technical knowledge of telecommunications technologies (as it relates to VoIP) including: TCP-IP, IP routing, Voice packet capture, VOIP, PBXTDM, inter-working of these technologies as it relates to voice, data, broadband, IPT, and Internet services, deployment and implementation of these technologies and services
- Will be responsible for implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, daily operation and upgrading of core Avaya Aura Products including System Manager, Session Manager, Communications Manager, Media Server, Voice Gateways G450/G430/G650, Application Enablement (AES), CC Elite, SIP trunking, SIP endpoints
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills