- Conduct Know Your Customer (“KYC”) analysis and risk profiles in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve KYC-related issues, collaborating with relevant departments or external entities when necessary.
- Develop, refine, and maintain KYC processes and procedures to align with regulatory requirements and policy.
- Collaborate closely with Compliance, Legal, IT, and business units to optimize, update and ensure KYC processes align with business needs and the regulatory environment.
- Perform quality control on onboarding submissions, ensuring accuracy and providing constructive feedback as needed.
- Manage incoming requests by prioritizing workflows and assigning as applicable.
- Clearly summarize, document, and communicate findings and recommended action items in a timely manner to internal stakeholders when appropriate.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Finance, Law, or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in KYC or compliance-related roles.
- In-depth knowledge of digital currencies, blockchain, relevant regulatory policies and best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of financial crime prevention and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Written/verbal English and Chinese communication skills, to liaise with global internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Professional certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, CFE, ICA, and CCAS) is a plus