Operational Risk Manager
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
The Risk & Compliance Team manages the enterprise risk and compliance programs in Asia-Pacific region for Avaloq entities.
The team works in close collaboration with headquarter and across businesses acting as an advisory / governance function.
As a single/individual contributor to the Risk & Compliance Team, you are responsible for all operational risk aspects of Banking Operations, Application Management and Infrastructure Services sourced by ASAP. One of the key responsibilities of your role is the development, roll-out and execution of the operational risk framework across all ASAP functions.
As a part of Risk and Compliance team, you work in close collaboration with the other team members, local functions, business heads and operation team members. Key Tasks involve:
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance in defining and executing Operational risk and controls framework including, Operational incidents, Key Risk Indicators, Risk control assessments.
- Investigate, document and report operational losses, near misses, other risk events and action plans with line managers.
- Define key risk indicators to measure important business performance metrics and manage the reporting to key stakeholders.
- Implement and execute risk and controls assessment framework for key business processes. Further, manage the control testing to ensure compliance with agreed controls.
- Responsible to co-ordinate and schedule monthly risk committee meetings and presentation pack for the risk committee stake holders.
- Represent risk and compliance in various projects/ imitative forums and provide inputs from risk and compliance perspective.
- Review Operations flow diagram, key operating processes and highlight risks and control gaps to relevant parties.
- Coordinate internal and third parties audit and reviews and other ad-hoc tasks.
What you need
- University Degree or Equivalent
- Risk Management related Certifications would be beneficial.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Banking as Operational Risk Manager, Auditor or in a similar role.
- Proven experience in independently managing the operational risk area with minimum supervision.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate risk-related concepts to audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tasks.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strategic and abstract thinking
- Fluent in English, with excellent English writing skills; and any other languages are a plus.
You will get extra points for the following
- Knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing (BPaaS and SaaS)
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Depending on the performance in the respective year, Avaloq aims to share the success with all employees by paying out so called Success Share Units.