Our client is a global multinational private bank and they are looking for an Operations Analyst for their Japan Cash Settlements team.
This role is located in Singapore @ Changi Business Park. The role will focus on managing team’s BAU. Candidate must be able to read, speak and write in fluent English and Japanese as the candidate is often required to interact with our Japanese clients.
The successful candidate will join the Cash Settlements Team handing FX and OTC Derivatives. The team is responsible for all pre/post settlement of FX trades and OTC derivatives and interacts with mainly with clients based in Asia Pacific Region.
The following functions are performed within the team and on the job training will be provided: -
- Sending of cash flows and processing of cash flows with clients handled by team via telephone calls and emails
- Following up with the clients to ensure trades and cashflows are confirmed on a timely basis
- Ensuring all trades and cashflows are settled accurately and in a timely manner
- Prioritize high volume by settlement deadlines
- Prioritize workload to meet targets and provide the highest possible service to our clients, whilst ensuring daily deadlines are met
- Investigate and resolve any cash breaks
- Investigate and resolve any queries and or discrepancies received both internally and externally
- Ensure all controls, procedures and corporate policies are adhered to
- Conduct self in a professional manner when dealing with the group’s internal and external customers
- Good understanding or previous exposure on FX and OTC derivatives
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and Japanese
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must and capability to prioritize
- Good team player and able to work independently when situation requires
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Degree relevant to financial services and/or prior experience of financial services would be advantageous
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Access is a must