- Oct 17, 2022
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a regional Corporate Investment Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for an Analyst to join their Reconciliation team supporting the London trades. Reporting to the team lead, you will be providing expertise to complete and improve existing processes and while identifying and escalating risks of aged and high value breaks within the reconciliations control space.
Role and responsibilities
- Perform all daily processing activities for high volume, complex and advanced reconciliations, ensuring the data reconciled is complete and accurate, and follow up on any issues with data delivery.
- Identify patterns where manual matching and break allocation is occurring and advance ideas to build automation rules.
- Identify and highlight risks and initiate follow up on aged, high value and unactioned breaks (no notes added) via targeted escalation to ensure prompt resolution.
- Ensure that break escalations are completed and kept on record.
- Handle first level escalated issues and provide work guidance as a resource to others.
- Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately.
- Analyze current state of reconciliation controls process, identify issues and opportunities through root cause analysis, participate in delivering solutions to enhance performance and close gaps in process.
- Escalate processing issues where necessary to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
- Review account profile documents for new recs and rec enhancements; walking recon officers through the changes explaining impact and implications to ensure consistent application and develop colleagues.
- Coordinate with partners on key initiatives and may act as a project lead/subject matter expert for small-scale projects/initiatives in accordance with project management methodologies.
- Perform a senior role of helping to oversee that the team's BAU is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- A strong background and knowledge of reconciliations processes and systems with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong background and knowledge of capital markets, their functions and processes.
- Ability to work during London hours (1pm - 9pm / 1pm - 10pm) and on Public Holidays (on rotations).
- Ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently and a high degree of initiative required to present options in resolving issues.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and adapt well to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels coupled with a passion to build strong working relationships.
- Self-motivated, well organized and positive attitude.
- Ability to apply abstract thinking, problem-solving and technical skills to build reconciliations using available tools.
- Knowledge in Technology tools such as Alteryx/DuCO/UiPath preferred
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932