My client is a leading energy business with presence across North America, Southeast Asia, Australia, Russia and more regions around the globe. In the exciting growing phase of the company, they are looking to have on board an experienced and motivated professional to lead and manage their operations team.
- Lead and manage a team which is responsible for all back office activities related to short-term and mid-term trading. Trading activities includes both physical LNG trade and derivatives transaction.
- Handle trade invoicing, settlements, contract price calculation/verification, Letter Of Credit (LOC) application and feasibility.
- Monitor cash flow related to short/mid-term trading and advise Finance & Accounting team accordingly
- Manage marginal profits and interest calculation related to derivatives transaction
- Ensure all trades are booked correctly through thorough verification, liaise with front office or counter-parties on any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Support trade allocations and confirmations for all derivative trades
- Prepare all necessary documents required for hedge accounting
- Record and analyse Gross Profit related to short/mid-term transactions
- Establish excellent working relationship and provide quality service, ensuring speedy resolution to both internal business partners and external global counter-parties.
- Support continuous review to streamline processes to ensure efficiency
- Maintain accurate records within relevant systems
- Minimum 5 years of trade support experience in established trading firms
- Strong derivatives and/or accounting background
- Good understanding of international commodity trade (incoterms, trade finance etc.) would be a plus
- You are strong in organisation, planning and prioritisation skills and perform well under pressure
- Fast learner, proactive in nature, strong numerical, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office, excellent communication and writing skills in English