Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced operations onboarding subject matter expert to join our Operations Onboarding team to manage and implement portfolio transition initiatives to ensure adequate processing support for investment activities.
You will co-ordinate client take ons and fund set ups. You will also support portfolio restructures, mergers, closures and custody changes. Additionally, you will manage the set up of new and incremental market access.
You will be responsible for off-boarding lost clients/funds both within internal systems and with external parties.
As an Operations Onboarding Case Manager, you will be able to handle complex issues throughout their lifecycle working with internal and external stakeholders as required.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
We need someone who can interact with an array of departments and entities across Schroders and externally. Building key links with our Investment, Distribution, Product, multiple Operations teams and other external service providers and business partners. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Liaise with other departments/entities to build and develop good working relationship between Operations and its internal/external stakeholders;
- Support external and internal client queries and ensure that they are investigated and responded to within agreed timelines;
- Review and update procedures, implement improvements and enforce stringent controls;
- Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
- Assist in the training of new team members;
- Contribute to Company and Department initiatives and projects;
- Coordinate portfolio transition matters with internal departments, other Schroders entities and external parties relating to:
- New Portfolio
- Existing Portfolio
- In-specie transfer
- Portfolio restructuring
- Fund re-organisation
- Custody changes
- Lost portfolio
- Delegation of specific functions
- Manage the end-to-end process for transition including planning, delivery, reporting and stakeholders communication;
- Review investment management agreement from Operations perspective;
- Review or draft operating memorandum;
- Coordinate account opening and closing documentation with account managers;
- Set up all APAC managed portfolios in Investment and Accounting Book of Record systems;
- Coordinate operational and system set-up within Operations to support Client and Investment requirements;
- Coordinate with custodians on custody set up and FX support; and
- Ensure operational readiness for day 1 investment including trading accounts with brokers and counterparties.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- At least 3 years of operational on-boarding experience;
- Understanding of end to end client/fund lifecycle;
- Experience in operations role in Asset Management or Financial Service industry;
- Able to maintain a collaborative and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction with all internal and external clients;
- Effective communication, coordination and internal client-facing skills;
- Strong analytical, organisational skills and attention to detail; and
- Strong project and process management skills.
What you'll be like
- Previous experience with Aladdin would be advantageous;
- Prior experience in running and maintaining automation BOTs;
- Excellent excel skills;
- Experience with Tableau;
- Usage of workflow tools to manage work capacity; and
- Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC.
- Motivated, committed and enthusiastic personality. Must have a "can do" attitude;
- An expert in your field and a strong team player;
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
(Job ID: SIN01712)