My clients primary business is to manage client and proprietary capital through global macro hedge fund strategies. Assets are managed via a broad mandate to trade in a variety of global markets and instruments. This is a Global Fund with Offices in NY, London, Monaco and Singapore. I am looking for a cross product experienced individual with a proven hedge fund / Investment Banking Operations / Middle office background.
You will be the first Operations / Middle Office hire in the Singapore office and will work as part of a wider follow the Sun Methodology.
The firm's 30 portfolio management teams engage in a diverse set of investment strategies spanning all asset classes, products and geographies. The operations / middle office team is an integral part of the firm and ensures timely, accurate and thorough execution of trade support and portfolio valuation functions. We are seeking to add an experienced individual to the operations department to work closely with the portfolio management team in managing the full trade lifecycle.
- Be a key member of Operations team, providing day to day support to the OTC Derivatives and Fixed Income team.
- Where required, perform trade enrichment from F/O instruction/approval, manage trade lifecycle events, ensuring accuracy of booking in the relevant system and completeness for downstream processes.
- Work closely with the firm’s counterparties and fellow team members to ensure trades are confirmed and settled.
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of key control processes including T0 trade confirmation, T+1 reconciliations and resolution of all breaks.
- Act as a liaison between prime brokers, fund administrator and internal firm groups to ensure that all trade discrepancies are kept to a minimum and any breaks are resolved in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing processes and implement new ones with the goal of having an efficient and robust trade lifecycle. Willing to challenge the status quo
- Expand upon knowledge of products and technology for personal development and growth within the Operations team
- Minimum 5 years Operations and middle office experience (within a hedge fund or sell side institution)
- Strong knowledge of OTC Derivatives and Fixed income products. FX and Equity would be a plus
- A keen eye for detail, a curious mindset and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable Microsoft Excel and VBA skills. Python knowledge is an advantage.
- Be detailed and organised, and able to adapt to fast paced environments.