PMO, ICS - Transformation & Remediation Portfolio
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This is a new role and will report to the Head of PMO , Information and Cyber Security ("ICS") Transformation and Remediation Portfolio ("TRP"). The ICS TRP brings together all material ICS improvement activities, prioritises ICS investments to maximise risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance obligations and minimising client impact. The Portfolio provides a single end-to-end view of investment and improvement activities with regular tracking and reporting.The PMO will work with the Head of PMO, providing support to the Portfolio Director as required on Portfolio Management related processes including ensuring compliance with the Project Governance Policy and the Portfolio Management Standards, and ensuring staff working in Programmes and Projects within the Portfolio are aware and comply.The PMO is pivotal in establishing an operating rhythm across the Portfolio which is efficient and effective and responsible for the upkeeping of Clarity data and Project Plans. The PMO will support the ICS TRP Portfolio Review Committee ("PRC") with the preparation of quality materials to enable tracking delivery of objectives plus effective decision making.
- Maintain traceability of commitments made by the ICS TRP to the deliverables across Programmes which will achieve them, commitments include capability, coverage, risk, compliance and legal
- Maximise the use and effectiveness of Clarity and automated reporting tools
The PMO will maintain highly effective working relationships with Programmes and their PMOs across the portfolio, and Programmes outside of the portfolio where required. Ensure submissions to the ICS TRP committee (PED, Red packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
He or she will also support the Head of PMO and Portfolio Director to:
- Oversee that Programmes and Projects within the Portfolio comply with the Project Governance Policy, Programme and Project Management Standards and System Delivery Framework
- Ensure data in Clarity is accurate across the Portfolio and working with Programme and Project Managers to address data quality issues
- Set the operating rhythm and supporting the Head of PMO with the training for PMOs across the Portfolio
- Support the tracking of benefits against risk reduction targets, audit findings, regulatory requirements and monthly reporting to ICS TRP PRC
- Implement and uphold Portfolio controls
- Ability to draft DOIs, SOPs, Guidance Notes, Training Materials, Bridge updates
- Facilitate ICS TRP Working Groups where required
- Ensure proper financial, cost, vendor and resource management
- Upkeep of the Project Document Repository and project artefacts
- Review programme / project reports to escalate risks, issues and delays, execution challenges and benefit realisation delays
- Ensure regular engagement and communication across stakeholders on delivery plan and any potential red flags that may impact delivery
- Prioritise the work to be done against capacity and capability of the tea
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement
- Escalate appropriately to ensure necessary decisions are made in a timely manner
People & Talent
- Provide support for the running of the ICS TRP PRC and other governance forums as appropriate
- Ensure Programmes and Projects within the Portfolio are meeting standards per the PMS
- Exercise good people management in the areas of resourcing, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct
- Take responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct within direct teams
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- AE, ICS TRP
- Portfolio Director, ICS TRP
- Head of PMO, ICS TRP
- Programme and Project Directors / Managers within the Portfolio and their PMOs
- Functional Partners in Finance, OR, SCM, IT, Compliance, ePMO
- Excellent English language and Critical thinking skills. E.g. Ability to critically review text for SMARTness or give precise and concise feedback where Portfolio Controls are not being met
- Organised, diligent and detail orientated.
- Proven PMO experience in a complex, multi-year programme by driving collaboration and participation
- Change and programme experience, ideally gained in the financial industry
- Recognised qualifications/certifications in PMO, Project and/or Change Management
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and relevant policies, procedures, and processes
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.