About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Payments / Commercial Loan Closing Specialist... In this role, you will:
- Support day to day Operations processes with a focus on SWIFT messages
- Use technical expertise in the designated area with a focus in processing/ releasing SWIFT messages
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and customer support
- Support complex operational and customer support initiatives within Operations functional area
- Assist managers and colleagues and provide guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures with a focus on SWIFT messages
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to perform work and action requests
- Provide subject matter expertise and interpretation of procedures to staff
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Reviewing moderately complex legal, appraisal and title information;
- Prepare loan documentation; coordinating loan closing;
- Initiating loan disbursements; monitoring disbursement process and credit limits; ensuring all files and procedures are in compliance with government regulations and Bank policies;
- Record keeping of loan related documents; conducting periodic audits of loan files;
- Utilizing the core Wells Fargo lending system (Loan IQ), maintain the integrity of the structure of the credit facility at the global borrower and individual level.
- Work with Technology teams on system upgrades, UAT roll outs
- Colleague degree or above
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in Payment/ treasury Operations and experience Loan Admin will be an added advantage
- SWIFT payment experience is a MUST
- Experience in Loan Operations is a plus
We Value Diversity
- Good understanding of Flexpay and Flexcube system and proven track record of having worked on system roll out, UAT etc.
- Good understanding of LIQ system and proven track record of having worked on system roll out, UAT etc. will be an added advantage
- Thorough understanding of Payment related SWIFT messages
- Experience in transition from LIBOR will be an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and responsive
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese
- Pleasant personality, good proactive customer service skills
- Able to work on Singapore public holiday as required and extended hours to complete project / UAT time deadlines
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.