- Permanent, Full time
- SOCIETE GENERALE HK
- 17 Feb 19
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Working within the Singapore HR Services Team, you will:
- Do payroll administration for employees serviced out of the Singapore office, working with our offshored team and payroll vendor to deliver payroll payments on time and accurately. This includes monitoring of correspondences for matters impacting payroll, processing payroll related instructions, checking of payroll reports and managing off-cycle payments.
- Take responsibility for annual filing of employment related income tax for all employees. Ensure timely filing and payment of employment related income tax to IRAS for employees departing Singapore. This requires you to work in close coordination with the offshored payroll team and the outsourced service provider.
- Work in close partnership with the Singapore appointed tax agent on all expatriate tax matters.
- Prepare payroll and tax related communications to broadcast as and when required.
- Partner with the appointed payroll and tax services providers in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand to deliver payroll and income tax related services for our employees located in these countries.
- Be involved with subscription activities relating to the employee share ownership scheme
- Manage the submission of all surveys including those required by MOM, MAS, CPF, IDA, etc.
- Maintain the relevant HR databases and folders to prepare regulatory reports and surveys as necessary.
- Prepare and submit claims relating to Government Paid Maternity, Paternity and Childcare Leave.
- Be involved in assigned projects as the HR representative and deliver these within timelines and budget.
- Work closely with and maintain oversight of the offshored team in Bangalore on matters relating to payroll and workforce administration.
- Manage payroll accounting activities and cross border recharges of expatriate costs, working closely with the offshored HR Accounting team to achieve timely and proper management of such activities.
- Ensure the timely and accurate declaration of controls relating to payroll and accounting.
- Be involved with other HR processes as and when assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Prior 5 years to 8 years' of relevant work experience with a focus on Singapore payroll is a prerequisite.
- Must be able to communicate and write in fluent English
- Good working knowledge of Singapore Employment Act, income tax and CPF regulations
- Must be able to work on simple data analysis in MS Excel and prepare presentations including graphs and organization charts in MS PowerPoint
- Be familiar with MS Outlook for scheduling meetings and e-mail communications
- Good listening and summarizing skills
- Organized and diligent with a natural inclination for planning and follow through
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others in different locations
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Education - Diploma or Bachelor's degree preferred