Platform Reliability Engineer
The Platform Reliability Engineer (PRE) combines software development and system engineering to build and run distributed solutions in VMware Pivotal platforms to safeguard, provide and continuously improve the cloud-native software and applications behind the organization's cloud platform. The Job
- With a vigilant eye on it's availability, latency, performance and capacity. Ultimately, you will view software as the primary tool to optimizing systems, building infrastructure and removing mundane work through automation.
- As part of Cloud Engineering team, the PRE Engineer engages in and improves the full lifecycle of cloud platform solutions and containerization from design, deployment, operation and refinement with accuracy and in compliance with organization policies and security requirements
- The PRE Engineer treats operations as a software problem and therefore will code to automate repetitive tasks and optimize practices. Support services before go live through activities like system design consulting, developing software platforms and launch reviews
- Maintain post-live cloud operations by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health with any prompt and remediative actions. To practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Scale sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve services/solutions, leveraging IaaS, CaaS and PaaS by pushing for changes that improves reliability and velocity
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise. Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Work with open-source technologies, CI/CD, SCM tools as necessary, and source control such as Bitbucket, implement organization containers (eg, Docker and Kubernetes). Stay current with industry trends and propose new ways for our business to improve
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.