Platform Reliability Engineer
The Platform Reliability Engineer (PRE) combines software development and system engineering to build and run distributed solutions in VMware Pivotal platforms to safeguard, provide and continuously improve the cloud-native software and applications behind the organization's cloud platform. The Job
- With a vigilant eye on it's availability, latency, performance and capacity. Ultimately, you will view software as the primary tool to optimizing systems, building infrastructure and removing mundane work through automation.
- As part of Cloud Engineering team, the PRE Engineer engages in and improves the full lifecycle of cloud platform solutions and containerization from design, deployment, operation and refinement with accuracy and in compliance with organization policies and security requirements.
- The PRE Engineer treats operations as a software problem and therefore will code to automate repetitive tasks and optimize practices. Support services before go live through activities like system design consulting, developing software platforms and launch reviews.
- Maintain post-live cloud operations by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health with any prompt and remediative actions. To practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Scale sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve services/solutions, leveraging IaaS, CaaS and PaaS by pushing for changes that improves reliability and velocity.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise. Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Work with open-source technologies, CI/CD, SCM tools as necessary, and source control such as Bitbucket, implement organization containers (eg, Docker and Kubernetes). Stay current with industry trends and propose new ways for our business to improve.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Working experience as a Platform Reliability Engineer or strong working experience as a Site Reliability Engineer in a cloud operating environment. Candidates with excellent DevOps experience will be considered.
- Strong experience in Pivotal's PAS, PKS & PCF is advantageous as training will be provided.
- Good working knowledge of DevOps pipeline and automation tools (E.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, Marvin, Github, Bitbucket, Nexus, Jira, Confluence etc)
- Strong technical and business acumen with the ability to lead a small technical team.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, server templating, orchestration, configuration management and provisioning tools is advantageous e.g. Terraform, Chef, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes.
- Must code, debug and optimize code and automate mundane tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Strong experience in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment with strong appreciation of change/version control process and methodologies.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.