Portfolio Manager - Discretionary Portfolio Management (Associate Director / Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as Portfolio Manager!
Member of a close working team of 9 portfolio managers responsible for over US$8billion assets under management. Key member of the Fixed Income decision-making process within the Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) unit.
- Managing client Portfolios under the guidance of CIO strategic view and DPM procedures.
- Evaluating the risks and opportunities of investment portfolios, including monitoring holdings to help identify buy/sell candidates based on forward-looking fundamentals and relative value comparisons.
- Track and monitor daily prices/spreads for all portfolio positions.
- Regularly meeting with investment analysts and company managers to discuss financial matters, including financial briefings and constructively challenging Research views.
- Researching companies and exhibit a strong Fundamental view on Sovereigns/Sectors.
- Relative value analysis of potential investments versus alternative investment options - both within and across asset classes.
- Write commentary and provide market updates.
- Liaising with clients, with the ability to distil confidence in tough market environments.
- Provide security analytics, model portfolios, and presentations for prospective clients.
- To assist fellow Portfolio Managers with reporting and other duties as necessary to meet client requirements.
- Degree from a reputable university in a relevant field
- CFA qualifications preferred
- Proficient at Excel spreadsheet analytical development and utilization
- Familiarity with financial risk models (market, equity/credit, liquidity risk assessment and forecasting)
- Preferably Advanced skills in quantitative methods of data analysis
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team working and keen interest in and understanding of financial markets.