Who we are looking for
State Street is growing its agency execution product set and is offering the opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join the APAC team. The successful candidate will be primarily focused on working with asset owners and managers to identify where State Street's multi asset class agency execution services can add value in an outsourced capacity. The product set within Portfolio Solutions, includes transition management, currency management, agency FX, portfolio/outsourced trading and research.
The role will be located in Australia or Singapore but will span prospective clients across the Asia Pacific region. The successful person will work across the State Street organization to identify both execution and broader bank wide opportunities amongst existing and prospective clients.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Portfolio Solutions Sales you will
What we value
- Provide input to, and execute on the sales strategy to support revenue growth in the APAC region.
- Work with clients and prospects to identify solutions for their portfolio requirements.
- Contribute to the continued development of our execution solutions product and supporting materials.
- Manage RFP submissions, due diligence processes and business proposals.
- Oversee new client on-boards and work with clients in a client service capacity.
- Collaborate across our organization to build awareness and educate internal stakeholders on our business.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven ability to proactively develop sales leads, operate independently and achieve results whilst working collaboratively within a larger team.
- Excellent understanding and interest in global markets, financial trading instruments, front, middle office and back office functions and technology.
- Strong oral / written communication skills.
- Strong Word/Excel/Powerpoint skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prior experience (10+years) in financial sales position at a trading or investment management organization.
FINRA qualifications and / or additional language will be considered a plus. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.