The role holder assists the Private Banker in acquiring, servicing and retaining clients to deliver overall business goals, becomes a key point of contact for the client for day-to-day operational matters, supports the Private Banker in marketing products to clients. The role holder will also support the Pod/team/business in the delivery of its targets and goals with ownership and accountability.
Key objectives and outputs:
1) 60-70% Client Administration
- The role holder will assist the Private Bankers in administration and management of day-today administration on client relationships including, payments, banking enquiries, attending meetings (to observe/take notes), preparation of file notes, drafting of letters and other documentation, annual client reviews, etc all overseen and signed-off by the Private Banker.
- The role holder responds in a timely and professional manner to client requests, owning task execution end to end, working pro-actively with Operations, Business Management and I&PO to ensure delivery, resolve issues and reduce / remove errors.
- The role holder will have good overall knowledge of Barclays Private Bank information systems.
- The role holder will assist Private Bankers in ensuring adherence to the Global KYC policy. Complying with all regulatory and Private Bank requirements/procedures/controls and recognising/managing risk.
- The role holder will identify opportunities to improve current procedures and ways of working to the benefit of our clients; along with aiding the implementation of the change.
(2) 30-40% Day-to-day client contact – Sales Support
- The role holder will support and monitor relationships with the clients, working alongside the Private Banker to ensure quality service is provided at all times.
- The role holder will ensure quality, accurate and timely execution of all client and administrative items and reporting of all risk events and complaints.
- The role holder will acts as the key contact point for clients dealing with day-to-day administration across the range of services and products.
- The role holder will acts as liaison between Private Banker and specialist product areas, e.g. Investment Management, Credit, Fiduciary, etc. to ensure the smooth operation of all services.
- The role holder will handle incoming mail, faxes and phone calls from clients, interacting with the relevant support departments and confirming all relevant actions to the clients.
- The role holder will prepare letters and ad-hoc reports for clients and drafts letters for Private Bankers.
- The role holder will address and solve clients' administration inquiries in order to provide high quality personalised service.
- The role holder performs daily operations and transactions on clients' accounts.
- The role holder will maintain an up to date working knowledge of the markets, economic position, Barclays research views and Private bank product set thus being able to provide a view of these to the Private Banker
- The role holder will have sound knowledge of banking, and operational procedures, plus lending and understanding of security requirements.
- The role holder will have relevant client facing experience in a Private Banking or similar industry role
- The role holder will be technically minded with strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- The ideal candidate will be highly articulate with strong client facing sales skills.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant language skills for region.
- A holder of the Singapore Client Advisory Competency Standards (CACS) qualification
- The ideal candidate would possess a university degree but not essential.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.