Who we're looking for
The Schroders Accounting Control Process Management department is responsible for the validation of data held on the Aladdin Accounting Book of Record for onward generation of client valuation reporting and performance calculation.
We are looking for Accounting subject matter experts to join our Accounting & Control team and hold responsibility for the timely management and clearance of Quality Control checks that are generated as part of the data validation process, generation of valuation reporting as well as being responsible for the resolution of any queries arising from Accounting Process Management activities.
As a Lead Specialist Level, you will be able to handle the most complex QC checks and queries received by the team.
In addition, the role requires constant communication with upstream operational teams to ensure timely, accurate and complete information is received. These relationships must be proactively managed.
Continuous process improvement is an important part of the role and enhancements to the operating model should be actively looked for.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation. In addition, you will be someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the team's Specialists and support them on a daily basis. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Responsible for undertaking the following Accounting Control Process Management team tasks:
- Ensuring quality control checks on the Aladdin Accounting platform are effectively managed utilising the Aladdin dashboards
- Ensuring efficient and clear handover of activities between regions
- Ensuring periodic valuation reporting, typically monthly, is produced to agreed quality and within agreed timeframes
- Responsible for ensuring timely resolution of queries escalated arising from Accounting Process Management activities
- Responsible for ensuring business controls are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring continual review and improvement to operational systems and workflow, including:
- Utilisation of new tools and technologies to automate sub-optimal processes & tasks
- Responsible for escalating issues to the Accounting & Control manager that fall outside agreed service standards where appropriate
- Responsible for building and developing good working relationships between the Accounting Process Management team and its internal/external clients and suppliers
- Responsible for liaison with other operational areas and external parties in undertaking the above
- Use initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions for escalated issues
What you'll be like
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good client awareness and relationship management skills
- Proactive problem solving skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise own work
- Desire to learn and develop
- PC skills including MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience in the Securities or Fund Management industry at a technical or management level
- Previous experience in portfolio accounting required
- Attained Training and Competency level appropriate for role (e.g. IAQ professional qualifications)
- An expert in your field and a strong mentor to the team's Specialists
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team