About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
Overall trade strategy has digitization of Trade as a key pillar to transform the business over the next 3-5 years. The role is expected to leverage both proprietary channels/capabilities and pioneer innovation/partnerships with 3 rd party platforms/consortiums to transform the doc trade business working with product managers, fintechs, internal tech, data & operations teams etc. Business
This group product manager role in trade digitization initiatives will steer the commercialisation and implementation of the digitization agenda across the Doc trade portfolio. This function within Trade Finance targets to address internal and client communications with regards to new initiatives, enhancements & digital product capabilities in the region and countries. It will ensure the alignment of multiple digitization and change management workstreams working with the Global Products Managers, Regional Trade Heads, Country Heads and relevant internal functions across Digital channels, data , operations, governance etc.
The incumbent has joint accountability (with digital channels, trade ops, implementation & product mgmt etc) for commercialisation of the trade digital initiatives and accountability Processes
- Manage sourcing, shortlisting and identification of digital solutions for Doc trade across client facing /operational efficiency enhancing solutions etc working with DCDA, ops, product, sales, regions
- Work with DCDA, Product Mgmt, Sales & client to commercialize all relevant Trade Finance digitization, platform/partnership initiatives, enhancements, in order to achieve digital KPIs
- Project manage the execution of live transactions together with LPMs
- Working with countries & operations to identify target clients and establish commercialization plan
- Prepare client briefing decks & lead digital pitch in conjunction with DCDA/Sales/Product mgmt.
- Conduct training in the context of our digital capabilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work with DCDA to manage governance for the platforms in the doc trade portfolio
- Work with DCDA & governance teams to share refreshed governance frameworks with COEs and countries. Ensure renewal of governance approvals for platforms in the portfolio are tracked & followed up.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Embed the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade Digitisation initiatives to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Standards [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group & Country product managers
- Regional Trade CoEs
- DCDA channels, platforms & Data teams
- Trade operations
- Trade Sales
- RFOs ( Operational Risk, Credit, CFCC, Fraud Risk)
- Trade COO
- SC Ventures
- Trade Technology
- Global Head of Trade
- Trade Management Team
- Required 10 years of trade finance/supply chain experience with 3-5 years of strong exposure in digital trade, digitisation & platforms in the Industry leveraging APIs, data/AI, etc with a bank and/or fintech players
- Any Certifications in Trade finance, Digital Trade, Scrum Product Owner Certifications, Blockchain & cloud technologies, Data models, etc will be advantageous.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.