Product Owner, Digital Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
For an Agile Deliveries, the Product Owner is responsible for maximising the business value of the product resulting from work done by the Development Team. The PO is the person with ultimate accountability for the successful delivery which includes all aspects of the data relating to their Agile Delivery
The PO role is usually assigned to the senior manager who has operational/business responsibility for the Product. This ensures that business requirements are adequately addressed in the Project and there is smooth transition and hand-over to BAU.
- Representing the stakeholders, and has the mandate to prioritise scope(functions/features) on behalf of the business
- Creating and maintaining a prioritised Product Backlog, ensuring it is visible, transparent and clear
- Preparing the Agile Execution Document, including the Initial Release Plan and other associated mandatory milestones and tracking and reporting delivery against the Initial Release Plan
- Clearly communicating priorities, objectives/goals, mission and acceptance criteria to the Agile Delivery Team
- Ensuring the Agile Delivery Team members understand items in the Product Backlog to the level needed
- The PO may ask the PgPMO or Scrum Master to update the Clarity data on their behalf.
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees (status reports, AED, Red packs, Closure Reports etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
- Communicating progress outside the core Agile Delivery Team including reporting RAG status to PgSC
- Ensuring Project deliverables are of the desired quality and have appropriate endorsements/ sign-offs
- Transitioning and hand over to BAU.
- Owning the review of Benefits over the lifecycle
- When requested, presenting the Agile Delivery Closure report to the PgSC or PRC before the Project is closed.
They are the sole person (not a committee) responsible for managing the Product Backlog. While the PO may represent the desires of a committee in the Product Backlog, those wanting to change a Product Backlog item's priority must request the PO to do so. For the PO to succeed, the entire organisation must respect his or her decisions. The PO's decisions are visible in the content and prioritisation of the Product Backlog. The Development Team needs to work from the prioritised product backlog as agreed with the PO. They should not be requested to work from a different set of requirements by any other stakeholders. Risk Management
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group as well as managing them.
- Responsible to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Awareness and Understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders and local regulators to address governance issues.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Implementing world class digital banking products with highest quality standards.
- Implementing channel agnostic capabilities developed in global stack thereby enabling true global solutions that can be delivered across all RB markets.
- Experience in Digital Banking Initiatives, especially on Mobile Banking, Online Banking, Wearables, or any other digital channels or devices
- Understanding the Customer Experience design and user experience principles.
- Certified Product Owner and understanding the agile delivery principles and basic knowledge about Scrum.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Strong Business acumen
- Good understanding about digital developments and customer expectations from digital banking products and services.
- Experience using tools such as Sharepoint, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Good understanding about Mobile Apps, mobile operating systems and digital banking / finance apps in the market
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .