Product Specialist, Fixed Income Advisory (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The product specialist within the Fixed Income (FI) Advisory team will be responsible for growing the Fixed Income Cash, Structured Credit, as well as FI Premium business. The main responsibility of the candidate is to originate and distribute fixed income, and credit-related, both cash and derivatives investment ideas and solutions.
The candidate will also be a dedicated Fixed Income resource to attend internal meetings with Relationship Managers (RMs) and Investment Counsellors (ICs) to present ideas and updates, attend joint calls and meetings with end clients, and work with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and research teams to develop investment themes and ideas.
Lastly, the candidate will be challenged to undertake project work in the trading department's fast-growing data and digital initiatives. Responsibilities Fixed Income Advisory
- Originate daily, actionable cash bonds, and credit derivative investment ideas for the Front Office, in line with Bank of Singapore's research views, validated against additional elements such as technical signals, momentum, short term catalysts, flows etc.
- Create fixed income portfolios based on clients' needs and requests.
- Continuously review the top fixed income holdings of clients within the bank and provide recommendations regarding re-balancing, taking profit or provide recovery ideas.
- Effectively communicate relevant market information and investment ideas to internal stakeholders and clients, including regular presentations to the Front Office.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Front Office sales teams and provide training where necessary.
- Curate the desk's shelf of thematic solutions and manage the after-sales process.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Participate in the trading department's business initiatives and process changes.
- Work closely with the Fixed Income Research team and other asset class advisory teams to deliver a broad range of investment solutions.
- Assist in providing Fixed Income related advice with regards to Funds, or Bank's Discretionary/Advisory portfolio management offerings.
- Help drive the build-out of the trading floor's data capabilities, as well as the migration of investment content to digital channels.
- Maintain related platforms tools to facilitate Front Office's needs for Fixed Income offerings.
- We are ultimately looking for high character individuals who are resilient, intellectually curious, team-oriented, and take pride in their work.
- Candidates should preferably have at least 5 years of relevant Fixed Income and/or Credit Derivatives experience in a sell-side or buy-side institution. That said, outstanding candidates with fewer years of work experience, but with demonstrable ambition, hunger to learn, and a passion for fixed income will be considered.
- Candidates must have strong credit knowledge, including the ability to understand fundamental and technical factors.
- Excellent communication skills are a must. Candidates must be able to articulate and defend an investment thesis, while having the confidence to present in front of large groups. Strong writing skills are also mandatory.
- Candidates with work experience dealing with High net worth individuals, or Family Offices are preferred.
- Candidates with the experience and/or the technical skill set including programming abilities in order to maintain current platform tools, and to continue the build out of the franchise's data and digital capabilities are also highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related disciplines.
- CFA qualification or equivalents preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in second language is preferred, but not necessary.