About this role
The Production Operations Group is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environments for all BlackRock businesses (including subsidiaries and BlackRock Solutions clients) acting as a first responder relative to trouble-shooting, problem resolution, and escalation. The scope of responsibility covers business-critical batch workloads, real-time / interactive processing, data transfer services, application on-boarding and upgrades, and recovery procedures. The Group provides continuous (7x24x365) on-site and On-Call support from multiple locations around the globe. Additional responsibilities include developing more cost effective and predictable methods for supporting a growing technology infrastructure and working with internal Development Groups to manage application changes as they are released to production environments.
Collaborating with skilled professionals across the globe and managing a broad range of technologies and applications, the Production Operations Group delivers service quality and excellence through teamwork, innovating operational processes, and being part of the One BlackRock culture
• Problem Determination/Resolution: Supporting and troubleshooting both batch processing and interactive user applications to ensure the high availability of the Aladdin Environment
• Flexibility: Is able to handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first. Also, being able to manage and cope with critical outage scenarios, whether planned (Disaster Recovery Tests) or unplanned.
• Communications: Engage in clear and concise communications both verbally and in writing. Effectively interacts on command bridges and calls to ensure all global team members are constantly informed.
• Project Management and Analysis: Ability to plan and execute projects working collaboratively with end users (which may include Development teams and business-side managers) is useful.
• Toolset Development: Create, maintain and enhance system tools and applications that make the team and our platform more efficient.
• Uses various tools to conduct analysis on system performance, root cause diagnostics, and systems’/applications’ design to understand and improve the operating quality of production environments
• A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
• Experience in a technology role, not necessarily financial services.
• Strong Written and Verbal Skill
• Candidates must have a strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems as required.
Desirable Technical Skills:
Any combination of the below will be considered relevant
• Programming/Scripting: experience in any of Java, Python, Perl C++
• Database: SQL or Database Administration exposure
• Operating Systems: Solid Linux Administration and Engineering skills. Windows Server experience.
• Middleware Technologies: FIX, SWIFT & MQ administration or engineering.
• Application Support: JBOSS, Apache, Nginx, Squid, Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos TM1, Autosys
• Market Data Technologies: TREP, Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset,
As a member of Production Operations, this role will expose you to a variety of technologies and cross functional teams supporting the 24x7 Aladdin Environments. As the market moves, so do the changes in our environment, which means you need to be sharp and stay on top of all issues that arise, because even the slightest pricing change, can have a significant impact on a client’s deliverable (Green Package). This ever changing environment gives you an exposure to new learning opportunities each day.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.