Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Banking and Markets Technology. We work closely with the business to provide application support and interact with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement. The successful candidate will join a global team based in several locations whose primary focus is on providing front line support for GMOT/Derivatives & FX Applications.
- Incident & Problem Management for the supported applications
- Business Support for Vendor Applications Functions and Processes;
- Production Environment Stability: making sure the Applications are up and running;
- Production environment monitoring (Knowledge on ITRS Tool is a differential);
- Change & Release Management for the supported Applications:
- Change Management for Market releases upgrades and regular Vendor Application upgrades;
- Technology Business Continuity: Failover/Fallback and Related Activities for the supported applications;
- Local Management Support for Global Patches and Releases.
- 5-8 Years of Experience
- Must be a problem solver, work collaboratively and positive attitude facing stressful situations;
- Strong Analytical/Troubleshooting skills (isolate components and identify root causes);
- Ability to exhibit a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents and to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions.
- Experience in user interaction in banking support environment.
- Exposure to Back and Front Office Operations in investment banking environment.
- Experience with providing generic solutions and avoid re-occurring of incidents and proactively monitor the production environment and identify the potential incidents.
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise and clear reports in English;
- Previous experience in Monitoring Tools, creating Dashboards and adding Infrastructure and Application pieces to be monitored (i.e. ITRS, Splunk, etc.,);
- Strong knowledge on SQL databases, being able to manage release management and address performance issues;
- Strong knowledge of Markets Products – mainly Backoffice of Operations applications.
- Have supported Investment Bank on Derivatives & FX and/or Backoffice Areas in International Banks is a strong differential.
- Availability to work during non-business hours.
- Ability to lead the efficiency improvement ideas and provide required leadership to the team for the same. Provide necessary examples to the team for efficiency improvements.
- Skills to proactively identify cross functional or technical issues.
- Ability to suggest and implement ideas for enhancing the customer experience and implementing best practices for cost saving.
The core set of technical skills that are beneficial in the role are:
- Strong knowledge in ITIL (Certification is a differential);
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, Unix Shell
- Operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
- SQL (Intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, etc...)
- Grid computing and batch management
- Well-rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
Please note shift hours is a must and allowance is at SGD$20/shift. Weekend work is at 1-2 times per month and will likely compensate with leave.
Shift Timing is 7 AM – 4 PM SGT and Weekend Availability for Saturday and Sunday